FordXR6Turbo Dyno Day

Guest esky

Guest Trex XR
  • Guests

I think we should all raise our glasses to the organiser for a great day out and a SPECIAL thanks to the dyno team for their patience.

I think the overall turbo places are as follows:

1 Manual 208 rwkw :D

2 Manual 206 rwkw ;)

3 Manual 204 rwkw (I think) :thumbsup:

4 Auto and the closest was around 189 rwkw B)

Overall ford BA XR6 Turbo wins again.......and the supercars today

These are not perfect but as close as I can remember

I had heaps of fun and look forward to driving from Wodonga to attend such well organised events.

Thanks Everyone. :thumbsup:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 22y 6d

Well guys first of all i want to say thankyou for the turnout.. it was an awesome day and it was fantastic to finally be able to put names to faces. You really are top guys and gals, and the passion like what i have about the car really shows. It was a very interesting and eye opening day, few cars turned out to be rather impressive including Junior's red XR6T (stock) which produced around 210KW at the wheels! Ill let him fill you in on this..

My car produced 185.2KW at the rear wheels. It shows on the graph that it levels out around the 180KW mark like fully straight. Ill scan the dyno graph and post it up a bit later, or take a pic when my camera recharges. I was quite shocked, from talking to the dyno guys and a few others it seems like the ECU is stopping the car from going any faster.. very strange.. but understandable. So you wont notice any real gains in power with the exhaust or air filter change unless you are getting your ECU changed or modified. I was actually quite shocked that i only got 185.2KW. At least I know now..

Had a terrific turn out, loads of great photos will be coming shortly.. the ones I took are below. My damn camera died when we were taking a group photo so i hope others can post them up. The XY and my cousins XA GT were also impressive. My cousins XA GT Pushed 190KW at the wheels.. quite good for a $9000 car.

Special thanks to the guys at UNIGROUP for letting us have the dyno day and a special thanks to Andrew (Esky) for organising it! :thumbsup:

Also to TREX XR for the long trip from Albury for the dyno day! Hope it was worth it! :D

MORE FORDXR6TURBO.COM EVENTS COMING SOON!!!!

Check out the Pics below!!

>>> FordXR6Turbo.com Dyno Day - 22nd March 2003

• TEAM BLUEPRINT
  • Member For: 21y 8m 13d

CJ

how many k's your car done.

I heard a story the other day that computer holds back on the power till the car has travled over 4000 kms or more, then it starts to open up. when the car is run in.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 22y 6d
CJ

how many k's your car done.

i heard a story the other day that computer holds back on the power till the car has travled over 4000 kms or more, then it starts to open up. when the car is run in.

About 4400KMS.. So just a bit over that.. strange thing is im using a heap of fuel constantly.. always averaging over 15L/100KMS. Today going home 20L/100KMS..

Guest BlueMetal
  • Guests

How are yas? It's John Here :thumbsup: , just congratulating all the boys with the cars who came along!

I havent developed my pics yet, but that will happen Sunday (today), so expect pics by Sunday arvo/ night.

Chris: Bro we'll be back for revenge at UniGroup after the ECU mods in a coupla months eh?

Christo: Mate that was a mean tailout u pulled in the carpark cuz - onya re! ... and I quote "re I dont f*ck around" (as you were holding it sideways :thumbsup::thumbsup: )

Junior: How many looks have u been geting in traffic with your improved 'loud' wastegate cuz? Congrats on the 208rwkw :D

Graham: Well done with that twinturbo EB V8... a proud 232rwkw!)

To the dude with the XY (I think it was ChrisLak??): Mate, well done on a strong 270kW at the treads, a highly respectable figure from an unbelievable machine (not to mention an engine sound that scared the sh|t outta everyone present)

To EB on NO2: (sorry mate didnt get your name): Thankyou for showing us how to spell N.I.T.R.O.U.S !!! :) I think your power curve speaks for itself! (Everyone who saw it knows what I mean) Congratulations on your 215kW at the wheels, your car is truly amazing!

Matt: Bro that Grey XR is gonna run next time ok!

Mal: Mate, The memory of your XR6T screaming it's t|ts off while on the dyno as I pulled into the UniGroup parking will live with me forever. That was cool... Well done cuz!

Antionette: I love the sound of the EF, why didnt u run it? Or did I miss it when I went to the shop? D'oh!

To all the other boyz and girlz - thanks for making it a great day full of fords. Am I correct in saying that we're all looking forward to the next one?

Pics soon... stay tuned!

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 28d
numbers dude I dont have broadband!!! who got the highest,lowest most surprising???

Award for best sound goes to the '71 XY - sounded fantastic up there on the dyno :thumbsup:

Most surprising: I think I was the only one with mud spats :thumbsup:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 22d

Dear Forum members,

I would personally like to thank Esky for oranising a great event and to Chris for making this a great site. I must say that the dyno day has to be one of my most memorable events, I really enjoyed myself.

Thanks to PSI40L for making my BOV sound great. I could not stop driving my car after the event till about 1am in the morning, even when it was raining. You have been great and I really appreciate what you have done.

Hopefully soon we can organise another outing or event and get more of you guts out there as I really suggest that you won't regret it. Everyone on this forum are great people and I would not pass a chance to meet all of you.

I will burn copies of my pics for the dyno day and pass it onto Chris maybe Monday as he will know the best way to upload them as I am not good with computers etc....

By the way here is just a pic of my dyno. Go the FORDS.

post-2-1048375951.jpg

• vrooom psshhht
  • Member For: 22y

Hey,

Some interesting figures there.

I wasnt expectecting the cars to be higher than 190, so I was impressed.

Wish I had been there for the full day, but I was out at oran park for most of the day, and then on the way to the dyno day from oran park, there was a truck on fire on the side of the road. I pulled over, and got my other half to put it out with my fire extinguisher. So we were there for a little while trying to help.