Low Beams won’t switch off

Seears

• Member For: 13y 5m 29d

Hey guys,

I did a few searches and couldn’t find anything with the same issue.

Last night I was taking out

the turbo intake pipe and saw that the low beams were on and turned off by themselves. It’s not on the auto setting. 

Sometimes just the passenger side would come on and then both for a while and then off again. They keep intermittently doing that but not always just the one side, not really any pattern to it.

I pulled the low beam relay out and still the problem persists. I disconnected the negative from the battery last night and then reconnected this morning but it had already drained so it doesn’t have enough charge to start. 

I’ve bought some new globes but I don’t see how they would be the issue if they still light up.

Video is showing the issue: the lights are switched off but the passenger side turning on and then me switching the low beams on and then to off to show they both stay on. To confirm at the end of the video the lights are switched off.

Has anyone had the same issue or have any ideas? Hope I’ve posted to the correct area.

Cheers guys

Edited by Seears

• Member For: 13y 5m 29d

I had forgotten that about 2 years ago I have swapped from the mk1 headlights to mk2 with the wiring kit to fit H7 bulbs.

Remembered that just now and have removed the two 15 amp fuses in that wiring which has stopped them coming on but still have the issue as now I have no low beam. 

Thinking it has got something to do with the added wiring from the swap.