Help ba xr6 turbo

ULLCEE

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 7m

Hi y'all just asking for help I have a ba xr6 turbo its auto btr I have the following mods

✓1000cc injectors

✓460 walbro

✓valve springs

✓pump gears

✓4inch dump

✓4inch exhaust

✓3inch cooler pipeing

✓big cooler

✓45mm hypergate

✓9psi spring

It's not a na+t my issue is I got it tuned last week and the tuner tuned it too 12psi but on the dyno sheet shows the gate is opening at 9psi?is that right?

Also he only got 340hp with 720torque but heaps of my mates are making more with their na+t I don't understand how that is and I've got more supporting mods then they have.

After I got it tuned on the drive home it feels as if when I'm sitting on the limit,it feels like it has launch control like it's starting too stall up has anyone experienced this and if anyone thinks this is a sh*t tune is it bad for me to ask for a refund as he said he wanted to come to my house to fix it but ive asked to get re-dynoed.

Also he said that I needed a 12psi spring to put in as that what it is tuned too,will I need a retune for that?any help will be greatly appreciated located brisbane

Edited by ULLCEE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 20d

Hey mate, dyno numbers vary so much that they're not a reliable measure between your car and others. It is a tuning tool.

340hp out of a BA with BTR probably isn't far off what can be reasonably expected. It sounds like it's not driving quite right though, which is more concerning.

Very difficult to get refunds in this sort of game. I'd ask the tuner to get it on the dyno again to see what can be done. If it's still no good, you should cut your losses and go elsewhere. But you could have a bunch of issues making things not right. Anything from ignition system, to cam sensors, to transmission issues.

• INFAMOUS

@Tom Tucker cheers man there wasn't any issues as he explained everything was fine,he pretty much said he tuned it to where he felt it was safe,but I still have the drama where it is driving like sh*t,you'd have to drive it to understand,plus it has a 9psi spring if he has explained it has been tuned to 12psi,just want to kno why on the dyno sheet the gate opens at 9psi,my car was previously tuned with a road tune and it made 450hp on 15psi idk why this made less on a actual dyno tune

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 20d

You won't find any reputable tuners anywhere that will push a BA and BTR combo hard. A 9psi spring shouldn't matter. You have factory boost control in the PCM. Maybe it opens at 9psi and creeps to 12? Only you'd know, assuming you have the dyno printout.

Try and find out why it's not driving right man. We've all been there. It takes time to tune things right, and many tuners can't be bothered. Also heaps of variables that can make it difficult for tuners.

• INFAMOUS

@Tom Tucker cheers man he is going to fix it he reckons hopefully all goes well I have installed a 12psi spring so see how we go when he puts it back on the dyno✌️

Edited by ULLCEE