FGX G6ET Stock Airbox vs Turbo Side Intake

JET Performance

• Member For: 1y 6m 27d

Hi Guys

I'm getting parts together as we speak for my goal of 410rwkw 550rwhp on a roller dyno on 98 (400rwkw is fine) just 550rwhp has a nice ring to it.

Queston, I have many parts including Turbo side intake and battery relocation - the more I read these can be loud and anything but subtle and obviously the massive suck nose each to their own and as a young lad I would have loved that now I want it to go hard but happy for it to be a more refined sound am I loosing much keeping the stock air box it has k & N panel filter and would have tuner mod the airbox. I have the intercooler and piping kit all to be fitted but if I keep the stock airbox do I have to have factory crossover? Still learning only ever owned NA V8s and I6's before this car pretty much.

Pic for attn

20231126-055007-4.jpg

Edited by JET Performance

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 19d

I don't imagine you'll lose anything with stock airbox. And if you do, are you more concerned about power or noise? You should be less concerned with numbers, and more concerned with how you want the car to drive. Sounds like you want a bump in power while retaining refinement and street manners? 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 30d
On 27/08/2024 at 1:55 PM, JET Performance said:

Narrowed it down to either PSR GTX3582/84

the 82 would be better suited to your power goal. Stock airbox is fine. A common mod is to open up the front of it behind the head light.