2 Brake pads but I get the smaller one FG XR6

greasemonkey

• Member For: 6y 9m 2d

Okay guys. Well I purchased off the catalogue for a set of rear brake pads and I should have taken them off first.

I didn't realise that there are two sizes listed for the FG falcon. I am guessing one is for my car which is single piston and one is for twin piston brembo's.

I purchased the Bendix General CGT1675. I then realised I need DB1376 Bendix which is the standard pad for all falcons from EF-FG. When I saw the size I was really shocked to be honest. Thought they would have upgraded the rear brakes for the turbo models too.

What rotor is the size difference for in caliper? What rotors were an option on the FG XR6 for this pad? Is it an easy rear brake upgrade? (DB1376 at top, DB1675 at bottom)

Thanks everyone!

yhNKJp5.jpeg

Wwlo5LE.jpeg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 10d

I think the smaller pad is for 303mm x 16mm solid rear disc (which most FG Falcons have) and the larger pad is for the 328mm x 26mm ventilated rear disc (as on the rear of the Territory and some upgraded Falcons)

• Member For: 6y 9m 2d

I went to the drags last Wednesday night and I saw an FG FPV. He showed me his breaks and he has pretty much the pads I purchased with was probably is twin piston calipers (is that what the territory has on the rear).

My ultra pads have done a lot for improving the braking of the car. I'll just rebuild the rear calipers at some point. Kit from Protex is $20 per caliper (as they are singles), so it is really cheap

wn9GwJH.jpeg