Getting parts together for my FGX G6ET looking for turbo advice and have some questions

JET Performance

• Member For: 1y 7m 25d

Hi Guys

I have a FGX G6E Turbo looking for around the 410rwkw on 98 I'm starting to get quite a few parts together to do it reliably and easily all day everyday.

My question is re turbos I know the baby OEM turbo 3576 is only good for 315 to 330rwk on 98 so that won't get me there. I want to stick with 98 pump. So will a GTX3576R do the job as I love the fast spool of the factory set (I don't drive the car a lot but it comes on around 2.5k and I love that).

A seller on Ebay said this

Option 2
GTX3576R core with a GTX3576R front housing. These still spool fast but make more overall power.
The inlet is 4in instead of 3in though do you would need a wider inlet hose/pipe.

So will option 2 achieve my 400+ rwkw on 98 looking for around 410rwkw a even 550rwhp

Or will I have to go for example Pulsar 3582 and live with it being a decent about more laggy than the 3756?

Pics for attn as this is a great forum with lots of great info but the forum hay days are long gone sadly!

20240525-192047.jpg

20231126-055007-4.jpg

Edited by JET Performance

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 3m 17d

Beautiful looking car mate. And well articulated post.

I don't think either of those options will get you 400rwkw on 98. You probably need a GTX3584RS or the like. But you'll lose spool.

The G35-900 flows very well at modest boost as well, and that spools very well, but more expensive.

• Member For: 1y 7m 25d

Thanks guys for your reply's cheers - I'm getting a bit of it will do same say nah. To clarify I was looking for 550rwhp on roller dyno that (is not a happy dyno) so 410rwkw on 98.

I haven't decided as yet but do love the idea of a really fast spool for the streets. My last message from the seller id this 

"Hey mate the gtx3576r is rated at 750hp so it should definitely make the power figures you're after and still spool fast.
There is bigger turbos out there that can make the big numbers easier but they will lag."

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

There is a thread in the bowels that is now only accessible by members, perhaps it should be available to the general public but closed to replies? It has the answers being asked here. @k31th

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

I'm reasonably sure which thread you're talking about... but the point of the bowels is it's stuff you can "read about and enjoy" but not stuff that's technical/helpful (in some cases, it also is, but that information should be, and is in this case for this specific instance) to a question somebody is asking/enquiring about... hopefully that's clear. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yes that's the thread. The amount of dyno graphs in that thread with boost levels and turbo specs is invaluable to the community, it should be made public.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

360 to 370rwkw is realistic for a roller dyno. If I ever get mine setup I will fit that turbo (I have one on the shelf) and update when it happens lol