340mm Territory Turbo front brakes on a Falcon

xr6tForMe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 9d

I am wondering how much interest there would be in fitting 340mm Territory Turbo calipers and discs to Falcons.

They do not "just bolt on", but I started on a project to fit these and got part way there, however I was sidetracked by obtaining 6 piston Brembos at a price too good to pass up.

I got to the point of mocking up the 340mm Turbo Territory disc and C5 caliper in place with a plywood adapter for checking clearances and everything fitted nicely under the standard G6E turbo 18" wheels.

I was getting ready to start on making a steel caliper adapter, when the Brembos came up.

Benefits would be

-a cheaper option between "stock with good discs and pads" and "4 or 6 piston Brembos"

-no changing wheels, so more stock looking and cheaper than Brembos which require wheels to also be changed

I still think it would be a nice option for people to have, but there is less incentive for me to do it, now that my cars brakes have been upgraded.

What do people here think of the idea

Edited by xr6tForMe

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

You need 18 inch wheels for territory front brakes, the stock Falcon 17s will barely fit but if there is a stick on wheel weight there it'll hit the caliper.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 8d

I like that people like you are thinking about these sorts of things. But the falcon market won't support it, IMO. The average falcon owner isn't flush with cash. And those that do have cash just buy brembos.

Remember with the 6 piston brembos you need to ensure the crossover pipe is sorted.

• Donating Members
15 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You need 18 inch wheels for territory front brakes, the stock Falcon 17s will barely fit but if there is a stick on wheel weight there it'll hit the caliper.

They may very well not fit all wheels that came on all Falcons, but will fit plenty more standard wheels than fit over the Brembos.

The wheel options for Brembos is somewhat limited.

For my Brembos, I found some aftermarket 18" wheels (Lenso) that fit, but I took a spare upright, with disc and caliper attached to test that everything cleared.

• Donating Members
16 hours ago, Tom Tucker said:

I like that people like you are thinking about these sorts of things. But the falcon market won't support it, IMO. The average falcon owner isn't flush with cash. And those that do have cash just buy brembos.

Remember with the 6 piston brembos you need to ensure the crossover pipe is sorted.

My motivation is more "make a good option available for people" rather than "make lots of money".

I could not justify the cost of Brembos at the normal prices plus the cost of new wheels thousands of dollars all up, but paying less than $500 for for all four calipers and discs from a Turbo Territory made sense to me after I overheated the stock brakes at a track day.

Going from

Front: 322mm*28mm to 340mm*32mm

Rear: 303mm*16mm (not ventilated) to 328mm*26mm (ventilated)

Should be a decent upgrade over standard.

For the crossover pipe, are you referring to swapping the bleeders and the crossover pipe, to making sure that disc travels past the different sized pistons in the caliper in the correct direction?

Thanks for the reminder, but I have this set up correctly.

• Donating Members

I am currently thinking that I will have a go at putting the 340mm Turbo Territory front brakes onto the BA station wagon that we have, but the priority is a bit down the list of things to do.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

I found some 6 piston Brembo front calipers to go onto the BA wagon, so making an adapter for the Turbo Territory brakes to fit has gone further down the list of priorities.

I did however test fit the Turbo Territory caliper slotted over a 355mm Brembo disc fits together inside a standard G6E 18" wheel, so that would probably be the ultimate "stock wheels" brake upgrade - assuming you had a bracket to mount the caliper.