Traction control disable

tofski

• Member For: 12y 5m 1d

Don't know if anyone has sorted this out before 

I'm running a Haltech elite plug in and have set up the traction control strategy in that . Issue I have is the the standard traction control is still active unless I turn it off via button . I have a ic7 in place of original cluster so I don't even know if she std traction is in or off.

I know it's related to the abs module and controls the brakes as the std pcm is not there .I still want to retain abs so don't want to just remove the fuse.

Is there a way to disable the std traction control or a way to set it to off as default so I wouldn't have to turn it off every time I start the car.

As I have forscan this way would be ideal 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

First up I haven't looked into this so I'm just spitballing, but based on your post I would be looking into editing the as-built abs data.

I know there is stuff in the stock pcm for editing the traction control parameters so there must be some integration with the abs module in this regard. 

Is there something in the haltech that can adjust the factory traction control? I don't have a haltech but I'll be sure to use this post to convince the minister of war and finance to organise a purchase lol.

The Haltech does not seem to have any adjustment to the factory control , it uses speed inputs from abs sensors to reduce spark or fuel or both to reduce engine speed , not sure if it utilises the brakes like the factory control thru the abs. That is my problem as the factory control ( from what I researched) applies brakes until it's turned off and has nothing to do with factory pcm as it's not there once Haltech is installed , as you suggest the editing has to be done in the traction control module itself 

I just want not to disable the abs module completely as I want to retain the abs .

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I would ask the same question on the PCMTec forum. I know that you are running a haltech but the other stuff is fairly relevant to previous conversations over there. Perhaps lead with the questions directly related to the traction control, abs module and editing of it etc. There are some very knowledgeable guys on there and they generally go to fair lengths to help people.

Thanks for yr advice mate 

I haven't contacted pcmtech yet as it's not their product. Might be a way to get an answer as to this day I have spoken to a few Haltech dealers and tuners and had no resolution.

I'll contact Haltech first  directly  regarding this as it should have been sorted out during their development of the product.

Thanks 

Spoke with Haltech , they said that the factory traction should be off  and remain off when the plug in pro was installed so utilising their traction strategy. He suggested might have the wrong can strategy in the ecu setup . The car is an bf F6 with zf and I did set it as that, the only other option is bf XR6 turbo  zf , not sure if they would be different but I'll give it a go once I have the car back from the tuner where it's at ATM . Problem is that I have an ic7 in place of the original cluster and that doesn't show the traction control light.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I wonder if they'll update their strategy when the new uhpv laws come into effect in SA later in the year?

At least for this thread we should have a decent outcome with the haltech support involved.