Harmonic balancer recommendations

Nick_is_not_sus

• Member For: 11m 5d

My G6ET is almost ready for a dyno. I'm just curious on people's  thoughts and experiences with going to a aftermarket harmonic balancer im not looking at screaming rpms (6.5k) and it will still be a daily sometimes. I'm just worried about popping oil pump gears as my car will be getting the snot beat out of it on the dyno (not a fan of) And I know harmonics plays a big part in failing oil pump gears I just want know if they're actually worth while and if so what did you use or hear of that's was worth it, bare in mind price matters also, since this started as getting a engineer cert for suspension and wheels and now its gotten out of control cause I may aswell get everything certed right?. I can understand if you go aftermarket rods and pistons the factory balancer possibly could put out harmonics (ignoring the parasitic harmonics from a/c p/steering alternator and water pump. Also mention I do have after market rods pistons for a later build

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 4m 28d

I've heard OEM is pretty good, but can't hurt to go with a quality aftermarket item... but I really don't have a strong opinion either way.