Ford FG ute Mk1 Factory Alarm

Fairlane55

• Member For: 6m 28d

Hi guys,

New to the forum here thought id ask about alarm systems for my ute. Got a Fg 2009 mk 1 ute and wanting to put a factory security/alarm system into it. Doesn't seem to be much info about installing or finding parts to install a factory one in. Wondering if you guys might be able to help, especially to try and prevent someone breaking in to take stuff, had that happen before. 

Cheers.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Much better option is to go an aftermarket one as the factory one isn't any good, realistically... but aftermarket have their own problems... 

Ahh I see apprecaite the reply k31th. Any recommendations for something aftermarket? Thought maybe a factory one could be easy to intergrate. But happy to look at aftermarket ones if they're easy to install and at least do "something" when the car gets broken into.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

I haven't ever installed an aftermarket one as I don't think they're worth it, so I can't recommend one. I just know the factory one isn't great and wouldn't recommend it for security.

So I've had a look at what's out there, there's some that are varying in price and I don't think the $50 eBay ones will be any good. I am quite the noob here but there are some that talk about interfacing with a CANBUS (?)(not an auto elec). But there are ones from Viper Security or Street Sound and vision that seem ok in terms of features. Ideally, just want to find something to trigger an alarm when the car door is opened from locked or window shattered, as well as the hard lid opening while the car is locked and all work off the factory key. Hopefully, someone out there has given it a try and keen on feedback. Any other suggestions for an FG ute security, more than happy to hear about it, especially with all the tools I gotta lug around!