Low Vacuum with big cams

purxr6t

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Ok so I've gone to have a look and it's not as straightforward as I first thought. Basically the ignition timing and the idle airflow are both in closed loop control at idle. That means that if you change them to an incorrect value they will self correct in just a couple of seconds. I would need to look further into the tune file and see if there is a way of having either the ignition timing or the airflow not be controlled at idle. This isn't a common thing to be looking for, so I would have to sit down and browse through a few hundred, or possibly a couple of thousand parameters to find a likely candidate, then I would need to flash my car etc etc.

While it doesn't cost me anything to do this, it does take a lot of time. This certainly isn't a request you would take to a workshop, as you could easily run up a few hours, or a whole day sorting it out.

I'll have a look through the tune when I've got some quiet time during the week, I wouldn't hold my breath for an outcome though.

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 5m 13d

No worries, It it possible for the Idle speed to just be turned up 100rpm or so,

And hopefully that provides a bit more vacuum?

Anyhow thanks for everyones responses. 

Might end up going the vacuum pump eventually.

Seems reasonable as it is from a factory vehicle,

So should be reliable and long lasting enough.

Anyone know some good spring rates for coilovers,

To run decent times on the Quarter mile,

Yet also suit track days?

I noticed that a vehicle recently ran 7second Quarter Miles on stock F6 suspension.

This is a bit low pretty much on the bump stops,

So want to sort it to get it to hook up and handle.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Yeah it's dead easy to make the car idle higher. Only thing is it will want to push the car along so you'd be on the brakes a lot more often. Worth a try though.

• Like 1