Difference Between All Rods from BA to FG and beyond - XR6

Etax

• Member For: 10m 10d

Hello fellas and gals.

Ok simple topic, I am new here and like many others I’m sure (and probably has been answered but can’t find a link anywhere through google). I am wondering on what rods are for each generation.

Specifically what rod numbers are in each turbo and NA variants of the Barra from BA to FG. There are multiple comments saying X has this rod but cannot confirm what Y has had originally or simply to upgrade.

in my case I’m only looking for say FG has the xx number rod in them. (I’ve heard multiple things from the FG NA has the original BA-BF turbo rods, or no they are lesser then them).

I’m putting this together to help newcomers into understanding the engine and what it can handle etc (so not just rods). However since this is rods I’m only asking for support in getting to the bottom of each generations rod design.

basically wanting the layout to be something similar to this —>

BA N/A - 1Rxxxx rod  - 2002-2005

BA T - xxx

This will not only give me insight but will definitely help others know what they can, can’t and should do with their motor (in my case pro charge an G6 N/A w/T56). It also means this can be shared around as I believe this to be the greatest simple motor designed, just very hard to search for specific info on it.