Kayhan headunit???

Sharkey253

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 5m 10d

Kayhan units are unfortunately hit and miss. They have drastically improved in quiality since they were first released, but they do not come with a decent manual or an install guide. So most issues people have with these can very often be due to poor/incorrect installs. 

My recommendation, if you want a kayhan unit, go to someone who has experience installing them. That way if something does go wrong with it, you are covered

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 13d

kayhan units were terrible in the day, they bring out a new version every few months after everyone buys them and funds there r&d team to fix the bugs.

no real other option I think for that big screen upgrade.  

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 5m 10d

Its really unfortunate really. They are so hit and miss, clearly quality issue. But they are the only factory drop-in option unfortunately 😞

Aerpro have a fascia now but imo it looks ugly, and you loose the top hat that everyone loves to put gauges on.

With kayhan, you roll the dice. If you get one that works, you'll love it and never regret buying one. They are so good when they work. If they break though its a massive headache to get a replacement or refund

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 16d

I have been using Kayhan unit for several years. If you have installed a car audio system or dash cams its very easy to fit and wire up. But its not quite plug n play, and I think that is what has caught people out. The V1 unit had problems, but the newer versions are fine. I have had no issues for years.

They now have a cheaper unit that runs on linux rather than android. Good option if you use carplay or android auto. I think they have a bigger 4k screen as well.

I still daily my car half the time, it brings the infotainment upto modern newer cars. I even run draggy on it lol

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Not sure which version I have, but run my phone through it with no issues.

Only complaint is I wish the screen was brighter, but overall extremely happy with it?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 16d

The mk1 screen is better as it is bigger/brighter and doesnt lean back as much - so less reflections. I use this in my mk2.

I vaguely remember seeing a post about a new even bigger 4k screen.