Wheel sizing

Bf xr

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:
If you're talking about the rear, with the right offset and some guard rolling and minor pumping, they'll fit...

If you're talking about the front, they won't fit without significant modifications to the front guard (I mean, custom style, I doubt you'd be able to pump the stock guard enough, after rolling it first, without it needing to end up almost flat to clear a 10.5 on a reasonable height car) and a perfect offset to just barely clear the inner suspension (it'll poke a LOT as 9" barely fits on mine on the front with a roll and minor pump of the guards -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/96768-tsw-bathurst-on-ba-xr6t-f20x930r20x1040/)

Obviously if you run monster-truck height springs, you can fit them no worries with the right offset to clear inner suspension (as they'll just poke and never be hit by the guards), but if you want the guards anywhere near them, it's going to be a challenge to fit them :) 

• Member For: 11m 3d

Thanks mate, I might just look for a staggered set of wheels so I can have the front a little low and have good clearance of the wheel. Any suggestions on offset and width for the front?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

First step is do some research on what wheel styles you actually like, then see if they do options that fit :) Narrow it down from there. 

Use willtheyfit.com and compare your stock/current rims (usually width is 8in and offset is +36.5, but you can find that out easily enough for your current setup) and compare them to the ones you want.

Here's my measurements from that thread I linked for clearances to OEM rims but you can measure your own if you wish.

On 08/08/2022 at 1:48 PM, k31th said:

Front Inner: ~9mm

Front Outer: ~15mm
Rear Inner: ~30mm

Rear Outer: ~15mm