BA GTP AUTO SUGGESTIONS

captmarv

• Member For: 20y 1m 28d

Hi guys. It's been a while. I am looking to install a new auto into my GTP that will comfortably handle the power and not melt. Can anybody suggest somebody that knows what they are doing and what transmission they would recommend?

• Member For: 20y 1m 28d

Only 465rwkw at this stage. I had converted it to manual because I melted 3 auto's but the power delivery is much better with auto than manual. Need something that will handle more horsepower and not overheat

Edited by captmarv

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

Built zf6 without a doubt. It's actually designed to fit the car, it is designed to work with the factory pcm and is tunable through the same system, it has a lockup converter for economy (also tunable), more ratios=more better in a street car, less likely to overheat compared to 70 yo transmissions, can be modified into a 3 speed for drag racing with relative ease, extremely common in wrecking yards for sourcing, you won't need a custom tail-shaft or shifter, many more things to add but not much point writing a novel.

For your power level, if you can fit and tune it you'll be around the 5 to 10k mark depending on options, add a few thousand more for fitting and tuning depending on the tuning work carried out. The pcm tune needs to be done as well as the tcm tune, they work together and as such should be tuned together.

Just my 2c, you might prefer something else and that is fine :)