Advice on building a new engine.

fox1972

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

They used to have numbers on the website, 1000hp for the H beams and 1200hp for the I beams. Rule of thumb is don't go more than 30% past that.

I would just do the bare minimum for 550 to 600rwkw if I had to keep the cost down. Going past 600rwkw will need different parts so that needs to be decided beforehand. You'll need to have a chat to your engine builder to see what fits in the budget as 10k is more than likely not enough.

• Member For: 6y 6d
42 minutes ago, Tom Tucker said:

that's nice, thx for the link mate, I didn't know golbeys had the atomic engines on their site.

6 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

They used to have numbers on the website, 1000hp for the H beams and 1200hp for the I beams. Rule of thumb is don't go more than 30% past that.

I would just do the bare minimum for 550 to 600rwkw if I had to keep the cost down. Going past 600rwkw will need different parts so that needs to be decided beforehand. You'll need to have a chat to your engine builder to see what fits in the budget as 10k is more than likely not enough.

Id be more than happy to have around the 500ish mark.  I only want 350rwkt for the street, but the powercruise days I'd like 500 or so Rwkts were you can safley use that power.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 6m 19d

On the topic of exhausts. I have the ultrex 4" turbo back. I would steer clear of it, its all round not great for a daily.

It drones real bad, fits absolutely terribly. It is a huge pain in the arse to install. If I was to do it again, I'd go x-force because it sounds a bit better and drones less.

If I had the budget, I'd go 4" dump and custom 3.5" the rest of the way. 4" all the way seems a tad unnecessary lol

Example of dealing with ultrex sh*t fitment. It sits so damn low, you'll hit the v-band on everything.

i7V4hm3.jpg

• Like 2

• Member For: 6y 6d

Mate, thank you so much for that info, and for being honest. I was actually going to buy this the other night.....but they were out of stock lol. I think I might just stick with the x-force 4inch dump,cat and the 3.5 inch rear as it's a well proven system. I certainly don't like exhausts that done either. Thx for that mate, I appreciate it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Yeah 4 inch is for all the power and they are noisy. Fitting multiple sections of exhaust that are v banded is a bit of a pita to get right but once installed should be fine. Even my own custom system gives me grief when I have to reinstall the whole lot, it has to be just right or a v band will leak. Pretty sure @JETURBO has fitted a few Venom twin 2.5 inch systems and wound them up to 500+rwkw. They have a 4 inch dump, 5 inch cat (that I've put over 700awkw through) and they have a very nice note to them, while being very sedate as far as noise goes compared to a 4 inch system. It might be something to consider.