Stealthy Performance Mods

FGXTaxes

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Yeah you can but it's expensive af compared to a single fuel tune. You'd be paying close to 3k for a flex fuel tune, parts and install, whereas a single fuel tune will be less than a grand. If you wanna run E85 a 255 wont be enough pump for high 300s. You'll need a 460 with a wiring upgrade and an aftermarket reg to control the pressure properly.

I'd just get a 98 tune to start with, you might find it is fast enough like that. It'll use heaps less fuel too :)

• Member For: 2y 3m 16d

Good point. I can always go back and upgrade it later. I'll do the install work myself, I quite enjoy pulling sh*t apart and have done heaps on my vehicles in the past. My only labour costs should hopefully be tuning.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Too easy. Have a look at the Pirotta flex fuel kit, I'm pretty sure you can get the relevant tune data from them too. You can also put your own kit together too which should save a few bucks. There is heaps of info on the PCMTec forum about running flex fuel. If you do the research now, at least you'll have a good idea what needs to be done when the time comes.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 10m 9d

While hollowing out the catalytic converter may improve exhaust flow, it's not recommended for several reasons. It can lead to legal issues as tampering with emissions control devices is often against regulations. Additionally, it may cause your vehicle to fail emission tests, negatively impact engine performance, and result in increased air pollution. Instead, consider consulting with a mechanic to address exhaust concerns in a way that maintains environmental compliance and the overall functionality of your vehicle.