Anti Lag - Be Careful!

KEET

• 1 month later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 9d

So for the full rebuild (rated 800hp, but only running 575hp) up at about 14K. 

If it was like for like then I think it could have been done for about 10K but the cam shaft also had damage (possibly down to anti lag use; I'll never know) and I went the billet pump gears and plate as extra options.

Peachy timing with the mortgage payment skyrocketing....

Concluding then I think that, unless you're really well sorted $-wise, it probably is best stay away unless you have a built motor.  Hopefully down the track and within the lifetime of our dear Barras some kind of alternate set up which has some mechanical safeguards built in will come along.    I'd love to see some kind of aftermarket twin scroll turbocharger appear one day such that we can 'have our cake and eat it", I.e. side step stupid lag and still get our 400+ at the wheels.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

A trans tune to unlock the converter will do wonders to get a car on boost quicker. Add in a modified stock converter to 3200ish and it's just a non stop party.

Ain't no help for manual guys obviously but nothing a savage clutch kick won't fix.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 2m 30d

25psi at 2krpm is going to insane cylinder pressures. In the launch map I would ensure you are running 30deg or or more of overlap to reduce dynamic cylinder pressure. The load sites in the non launch map will then need to be tuned to accommodate for these kinds of loads that would never normally be seen with very low timing and overlap also. 

Likely when you released the anti lag it hit a load site that was never seen before on the standard map with too much ignition timing. 

I would also set up the anti lag to not start adding boost until 2500+ along with overboost protection enabled. 

Definitely ensure all the factory safety features are still enabled as well as described here. 

https://forum.pcmtec.com/topic/237-howto-engine-protection-settings/

I've got an unopened (other than valve springs) 220,000km BF that has taken anti lag abuse for years now by utilising this methodology.