Rim size/correct offset for BA MK2 Ute

WattaBA

• Member For: 2y 2m 3d

Ok sorry this is where I start to get confused ahah, so if it says on willtheyfit that the new rims setup will be x far away from suspension strut in comparison to original I’m pretty much guaranteed to have it not clash, and from your measurements I’m able to have 9mm of free play on the inside towards the steering arms etc.  

I will also be running 17”s

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

ok, so if you're definitely getting the 17's, for sure they're definitely 7.5 inches wide.

Which means you need a custom offset of +43 to match up to oem gap to the guard or go maximum of +45 to be ~2mm closer to the guard (you've got plenty of extra space there). That same offset (either +43 or +45) will 100% fit and will clear the inside suspension by MORE than it used to with the 8inch previous rims, but nobody can see the inside :), so I'd go the maximum +45 if I was set on the 17x7.5's.

Personally, the 18's would be a lot better looking for only $20/rim + extra cost for tyres (not that much as there's plenty of 18's that fit), then going 18x8 +36 would match the OEM look but be 18's :) You could even go the 18x8 +45 (maximum custom offset) and still easily fit :) 

• Member For: 2y 2m 3d

Mate your an absolute legend, I’m gonna go with the 18x8 with a +45 like you said. Thankyou so much for the help as it’s my first falcon and I would love it to look sick as well as still be a stable daily driver ahah, it’s awesome to have someone that knows what they’re doing to point you in the right direction! Will update with photos of the new wheels once they get here!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

No worries mate, happy to help. If you want it to look sick you could go bigger than 18's haha but I won't try to get you to spend any more money ;)