My other project

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 29d

Just came across this thread, awesome build mate, I went through all the trials and tribulations with a ground up resto on my dear old XA a few years back, it's like Xmas when you can start bolting everything back on and there it stays (mostly), keep up the good work, it's guna be a nice piece of kit when all done and sound amazing! Can't beat a healthy V8 for sound effects in my opinion!

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 3m 13d

Hi all, just a small update this time. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend any time on the car. I'm still waiting on the custom headers and exhaust to be manufactured. the engine will drop in soon after...

We had to do some mods to the blower intake, As the blower intake was designed for a cable throttle body, it was angled down to the right. when I installed the LS3 flange adapter the the angle of the DBW motor made it protrude around 2 inched higher that the blower height. To fix this we  remove the flange and weld in a DBW flange. We smoothed the welds and used a needle gun to duplicate the texture of the intake and then painted it in the same semi gloss paint. Overall, I think  that I turned out quite nice. 

I will post some more updates soon...

dkZJut6.jpg

• Like 1

I got the seats back. New old stock material used to re-cover them. I had a spare set of seats, so I decided to get both done at the same time and save on cost. I am really happy with the outcome...

9KkipY6.jpg

EXd5BVu.jpg

HSZSyVT.jpg

6Et0ce9.jpg

Edited by HI PSI

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 4m 28d
4 hours ago, HI PSI said:

Hi all, just a small update this time. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend any time on the car. I'm still waiting on the custom headers and exhaust to be manufactured. the engine will drop in soon after... 

We had to do some mods to the blower intake, As the blower intake was designed for a cable throttle body, it was angled down to the right. when I installed the LS3 flange adapter the the angle of the DBW motor made it protrude around 2 inched higher that the blower height. To fix this we  remove the flange and weld in a DBW flange. We smoothed the welds and used a needle gun to duplicate the texture of the intake and then painted it in the same semi gloss paint. Overall, I think  that I turned out quite nice. 

I will post some more updates soon...

dkZJut6.jpg

ooo shiny :spoton: looking fantastic. Good work to work around the blower-height-thingo. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have finally got some fuel tanks sorted.  It came down to right place, right time. Two tanks will arrive in 2 weeks. YAY!!

Some more pics of the car...

ov2YNy7.jpg

gLv1ykF.jpg

EQ3NWkg.jpg

MWu0ESl.jpg

• Like 1