Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

Here's a pic of the stuffed head gasket, farken farkers farked! This gasket was a cheap one, suitable for maybe 15 to 20psi tops. Even a high quality MLS will only hold 30psi or so, only decent options for the barra are Athena split ring gasket or copper fire ring gasket. Might be worth looking to 14mm head studs in future as well.

bMHQ8bL.jpg

Gut5NBm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep fark me right?! The turbo made a zinging noise on the way up there, I reckon it's the backing plate or whatever is behind the compressor wheel. Not a big deal, got there, stayed the night, went to fix it this morning and the nut decided it was taking the bolt with it. Lucky the intercooler pipe held the turbo in position so it could be driven home. Also blew a head gasket in the Landrover towing the caravan. So basically a waste of time and money, I could have stayed at home and done nothing and be nearly a couple grand better off for it.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Any farken way, I did car work on the territory and it's sorted now. Running 45psi on E42, boost cut at 50psi, 17 degrees of timing, no knock, 95% injdc, iat's climbing quicker than a monkey up a light pole. Makes the plaz front mount look like a stock top mount. It pulls pretty flamin hard, obviously making somewhere over 750kw.

Farken other car can wait until I can be stuffed fixing it.

The end.

• Like 2

• Member For: 5y 10m 12d

Great work. Its hard to imagine how that many killawasps would feel like on the road!! Whats the weak link in the driveline? The tires? All the best for the next Roll racing. I hope nothing lunches itself on the terry.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's extremely quick and it pulls relentlessly. The tyres are the weak link and I'll keep it that way, I'd rather go through tyres than axles etc. At this level sh*t breaks, there's not much you can do about it but fix and repeat. The trans and engine seem pretty solid for now so that's something.

• Like 1