Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

Yep it's pretty nuts. It gets to the hwy speed limit pretty quickly. It hooks up much better than the 77mm turbo did at the same power, cos the 85 comes on a bit slower. Haha the 77 would just blow the tyres off, whereas it hooks and goes now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 12d

You need to crack out the mig and weld the front and rear diffs and the transfer case planetary!

Edit: flames need more methanol. 

I take no responsibility for your death or any other living thing on or off the road after the above mods (this includes being airborne in said vehicle)... 😁

Edited by bjc
  • Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
1 hour ago, bjc said:

(this includes being airborne in said vehicle

Ssshhhhh, no one saw me do that wheel stand so it didn't happen :whistle:

Nah I don't need to weld anything, it farks off at a rapid rate of knots as it is :launch:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 3m 15d
On 28/09/2024 at 7:24 AM, Puffwagon said:

It's fine to drive cos it has a high stall converter, you just gotta use the right gear if you want to send it. If you just roll into the throttle it will start going nuts at about 4500rpm to 5000rpm. Full boost varies depending on how much boost you're making and here's some numbers to give you an idea. It was only at 26% wastegate duty so I can probably stand it up a bit quicker through the mid range. With 100% it would probably make 40psi at 5000rpm. I'll leave it though, it's already plenty quick.

3.2psi@ 2485rpm

5psi @ 3177rpm

10psi @ 3914rpm

15psi @ 4306rpm

20psi @ 4597rpm

25psi @ 4864rpm

30psi @ 5188rpm

35psi @ 5455rpm

40psi @ 6035rpm

Lots of work has gone into this mate, congrats on the results. Much respect for the fact you do everything yourself

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I made a closed loop boost map a couple of nights ago, based on the numbers in the data from my road and dyno tuning. Now I can tell it what boost to run and it knows what to do for various boost levels, ranging from gate pressure of 13psi, up to 40 psi in 2.5psi increments. It probably isn't perfect, I haven't fine tuned it, but it will be in the ballpark which is good enough for now. I drove up the road on 20psi and the thing still rips lol

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Cheap head gasket says no. It leaked a bit on the dyno, leaked a whole lot more yesterday and blew up the radiator today. 

Athena gasket is getting express couriered and will swap it out before the weekend. Ha just when I thought I didn't have to swing a spanner for a while.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1