Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

Power and air tools are what you need when it comes to getting stuff done quickly. You can zap the gearbox bolts on or off in about 5 minutes with long extensions coming from the back etc. Same for intake manifold, about 10 minutes on or off. Tailshafts in or out ranging from 1 minute to 5 minutes each, it's just knowing what tools to use and what to do pretty much.

This time around I used a spare steel trans pan for a platform on my jack to remove and fit the trans. Friggin game changer lol. It literally holds the trans in place and you can pull it out easily. Yes I'm still rolling around in the driveway, despite owning a hoist that I haven't set up yet.

Anyhow there's enough of a novel to read, tools and know-how is the takeaway.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Did a little bit of road tuning this morning to work out what it wants for boost control. It went fine so there should be a decent number this afternoon. Also got another 40 litres of E85 into the tank so it's sitting at E67 now.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's hard to be excited when you're this sick. All I can say is thank fark I got a flu shot this year or I would probably be lying in bed right now. The car is ready though. I want to do a one and done if I can, it's turned up a fair bit and I'd rather not run it this hard very often.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ran up 695awkw then turned it up more and made 755awkw. The dyno freaked out from the vibration in the last run so the graph is a bit farked. It probably didn't make 755, 730 is more accurate. As expected it ran out of fuel system, but I was gifted a surge tank so I'll get that installed one day and go again.

Ignore the boost, the sensor must've been having a moment. The runs were both around 40psi and 42psi respectively. Where the first graph falls over is it touching the rev limiter, it was still heading north lol

dsGofeF.jpg

9XDX3YM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 6d

that's huge! nice work man! hopefully everything in the driveline holds together enough to turn all 4 tyres for a few years :spoton: 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Thanks Keith, I appreciate that. I'll only keep it turned up for roll racing, after that I'll put it back on 98 and drop it back down to 25psi.

I might be able to manage something next year, we'll see how the finances go :declare:

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 10m 12d

Great work there Puff! Is it laggy as? When is full boost? It must be a handfull when she comes on with that much power. Hope the terry diffs and axles dont shat themselves at roll racing. Awesome stuff.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's fine to drive cos it has a high stall converter, you just gotta use the right gear if you want to send it. If you just roll into the throttle it will start going nuts at about 4500rpm to 5000rpm. Full boost varies depending on how much boost you're making and here's some numbers to give you an idea. It was only at 26% wastegate duty so I can probably stand it up a bit quicker through the mid range. With 100% it would probably make 40psi at 5000rpm. I'll leave it though, it's already plenty quick.

3.2psi@ 2485rpm

5psi @ 3177rpm

10psi @ 3914rpm

15psi @ 4306rpm

20psi @ 4597rpm

25psi @ 4864rpm

30psi @ 5188rpm

35psi @ 5455rpm

40psi @ 6035rpm

• Like 1