Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

$200 later and I have a full tank of E55 due to having some 98 left in the tank, and 2 jerry cans of E85. Told the Haltech the ethanol percentage and it started and drove, it's nearly that simple. Gave it some more timing, will leave it at 15 degrees for now and give it more when the ethanol content is higher. Could probably just give it all the timing now but will wait until Friday. It goes better but still isn't too crazy, will be with more boost though. Injectors are sitting at nearly 50% so there's some left in it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Actually surprisingly little left of tuning, the Haltech does a lot of the heavy lifting for you. Just gotta fit the boost solenoid and work out a duty cycle ramp, pretty easy stuff to do. It should come on a little earlier and quicker too cos I can hold the wastegate shut for longer.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Because a lot of work has gone into the base fuel map, there isn't much left to do there. Much the same for the stock pcm. Having wideband correction is a nice thing to have for when things aren't perfect. Live tuning is a plus but having gotten used to flash tuning, there isn't a lot in it. In some cases it makes it miles quicker but not always. I sat in the driveway spooling it up and could adjust the timing on the fly to see if it would spool more, you can't really do that with the stock pcm, unless you have custom hardware to integrate into it. The ignition map is a bit optimistic, I think I already commented on it a few weeks ago.

There are a couple of issues with it right now, the cruise control doesn't work and the knock control doesn't work. I can see the knock sensors are hearing the engine noise but they don't actually pull any timing when it knocks. Maybe I'm a dumbass and just missed something in the setup? I emailed them but didn't hear back, I need to give them a call and see when they have time to have a chat about getting it sorted.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ten litres of ULX oil acquired, will get out there in a bit to drop the oil and fit some brake pads. See how I go, I'm sick as a bastard with the flu so I might die out the arse. Still gonna get it on the dyno tomorrow afternoon, so oil and filter will be done at a minimum. I've driven 124km and used half a tank of fuel...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Got the work done, rear pads only had a couple of mm left. Just gotta wire the 4 port boost solenoid back in and it'll be ready for the dyno. I installed new plugs gapped to 0.5mm and new FG coils a few weeks ago, so that is sorted. The only thing that might let me down is the fuel pumps. They always sat in 98 when the car was down but they are a few years old at this point. Eh we'll find out tomorrow at any rate :hrmm:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 6d

I reckon 99% of people reading that would get less (or none) done if they felt like you do haha. good work bro! 

• Like 1