Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

I'm gonna pull it back out tomorrow and put the other one back in tomorrow afternoon. Then I'll finish it off on Sunday and be ready for roll racing in a few weeks.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Roll racing ticket acquired, plans to put the car on E85, dyno to get the tune dialled, fingers crossed it all works out. I'll be as sensible as I can be with the power level, I'm thinking around 900whp should be nice and safe ;)

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Was gonna drop the trans this afternoon after soccer. Got a case of CBF and did housework instead. I need a break from it anyway.

Not a territory but a 4x4 so similar, I retimed my Landrover this afternoon. I wanted more timing but the dizzy was all the way cranked. I moved each plug lead around the dizzy one position and then moved the dizzy back a whole bunch. I gained 45 degrees of potential timing from the plug movement,  360/8 cos it's a V8 etc. It might have had 8 degrees of timing before and now it's around 18 base. It goes heaps better and sounds angry lol. I will get it on the dyno and dial it in properly soon. I'm guessing it'll make 85awkw but we'll see.

• Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Out with the na trans and back in with the built trans. Just gotta do the usual buttoning up but I'll do that later or tomorrow, got a couple of sick kids that need some looking after for now. Also unwelded my stock flexplate, balanced my atomic flex plate with a grinder and fitted that cos I don't think the stock unit would have lasted with it making more power.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Too late for that, it's attached to the crank and has a trans covering it up now. If you go back through this thread and see a pic of my flex plate, you'll see that there's a bit that was damaged from the factory. I just went around the whole thing and evened it up. I am pretty decent when it comes to being neat with a grinder, it will actually be miles better than it was before.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well the car is back to the way it was last week before I took the trans out. It has another fresh filter, more fresh fluid and a billet flex plate, so that's good. It drives the same as it did last week, no surprises there.

Got the car booked in for dyno time on Friday, just gotta frig around swapping the fuel over to E85 and refit my 4 port boost solenoid then it'll be ready.

Edited by Puffwagon
muh spellinz
  • Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Siphoned out the 98 from the tank tonight, missus has got a full tank now and I'll be filling mine up with E85 tomorrow.

Will refit my 4 port boost solenoid tomorrow, have an appointment to pick up some ULX oil for an oil change before dyno work, will road tune the car before dyno to have a solid base to start from and have some brake pads to fit as well. 

I have a number I want to see, who's got their guesses? For the record it ran up 449awkw to start with last time, made 495 and ended up with 470. We should see a significant improvement with E85, so another 100kw overall would not be unreasonable ;)

• Like 2