Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

Yep it holds it to 6400 where the rev limiter is. This car would be perfect for traffic light drags if that's your thing. My nearest traffic light is probably 30km away so the big turbo was never really an issue, I could just wait for the 100kph sign and let it rip. With the converter, it'll hold 3500rpm and full boost on the converter but that just smashes the tires. It is noticeably better with normal driving though, you can get it boosting in the blink of an eye.

Power wise it's getting back to the point where you can't really floor it very often, cos it hits the speed limit too quickly. Once I have the water meth system set up properly, I will push it to where the turbo runs out, just to see where that is. I suppose that'll be 30psi/600awkw but we'll see how that goes.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

EGT's with a decent duration (drag strip or high speed full throttle on the highway) is where it makes a big difference along with lower intake temps.
Fwiw, I always mix ratios by weight not volume. Probably not hugely critical with water/meth injection unlike making RC car nitro mixes but we mixed our water/meth via weight as well...
You've probably got a hydrometer though.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep I have noticed the long duration pulls have benefitted immensely with the water, as far as keeping the iat low and the timing stable.

I do have a hygrometer but it's for home brew, not fuel mixing. I'll just mix it by volume, it's good enough, not that crucial and the knock control is in the tune rather than the addition of the water meth. The fuel can change up or down a point, I've got it very rich anyway cus it still has stock turbo pistons. For example, I could switch the water off and the current tune will be fine, it just pulls all the timing after a long run.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Well it's happy with 13 degrees in the middle and 16 up top, still at 26ish psi. Dunno what it's making for power but my guess is low to mid 500s.

So yerp there's that, I don't really have any other plans for it right now. I was gonna send the turbo a bit harder and I still might, but I'm just gonna enjoy it for a while before I do more wrenching.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It's got a 0.6mm and a 0.7mm jet pre tb. I don't have the right thread tap for the port injection install, plus I CBF pulling the manifold off to do it. Also my port injection kit is specced for 700kw, it has 6x 0.5mm jets, that would be overkill for what I'm doing now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4d

Yeah I see the hassle of the jet installation. You could just set the injection DC to only be 75% or so at your current full boost (if you did install port injection). Unsure how the Aquamist works but a basic system would be set to 35psi max so by your 26 odd psi tune you'd have 75ish percent injection and with the FAV it does the pulsing instead of the pump in other systems so it should meter correctly?

All you need now is to grab a litre of nitro from your nearest hobby store and do some mixology testing lol

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

It currently works based off injector duty cycle, although there is the provision for map input. It comes on at about 20% duty cycle and the injectors are maxing out at 65% up top. The water meth unit is operating at about 50% capacity right now, it can be adjusted up and down and also the injection slope can be modified to flow more or less up top.

Hmmm nitro sounds expensive in more ways than one lol

• Like 1