Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Lol I made a hella update post a few pages back.

On 12/04/2024 at 1:33 PM, Puffwagon said:

Righto I did my thing and here's an update.

I used stock turbo pistons, Spool I beam rods, upgraded piston pins, Cometic 3 layer MLS, ARP head studs with OS washers, new hx bearings with 360 thrust, inconel high pressure oil pump spring with adjustable relief, oil pump gears and backing plate, Ross balancer, Plazmaman intake and maybe more I forgot.

So now it is the same but new optitorque head studs and thinner head gasket. And it's all in the turbo car instead of the na car.

Edited by Puffwagon
Why not?
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 14d

I'm interested to see your feedback on the water meth tuning as I've followed it relatively closely for years (pre 2010). I've got a Snow Performance kit but never installed it on the F6X only the BA turbo as a knock buffer. A mate had the same kit (single nozzle) on his FG and with basic mods on 98oct 12.2 ish afr made an easy 380kw with the kit (500cc nozzle I think). 420kw was the limit (stock gt3582r no flapper mod) but with no safeties in place with our basic hobbs switch kit and a daily 380kw was plenty.
3 degrees easily advanced with 6 being probably the limit on a non direct port install but interested to hear your experience Puff...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So far I've only just got it running today and I've only got water in it. Seat of the pants is farking ridiculous but I've yet to plug in the laptop to see what it's doing. The tune was getting borderline hectic for 98, but still ok, so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed.

My dyno install has been set back a few weeks, but I'll be sure to lay down the data nice and thick when it's in.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep it goes pretty good hey. It's now on 26.5psi, 98 octane fuel, 6 degrees of timing, water injection and is a little bit quicker than the clip. I tried a launch and let a fair bit of the smoke out of the front tyres in first and second.

I've organised to purchase some methanol tomorrow and I'll have that after lunch. That is what will allow me to safely increase timing and make more power. At this stage of the tune, each degree will pick up around 15kw at the wheels.

I'll update as things progress :)

• Like 1