Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 9d

Head studs and timing kit arrived today and the head gasket will be here tomorrow. 

Should be up and running on Sunday, weather permitting.

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

First question: In the latest pump I built, I used aftermarket gears, I used a billet backing plate, I used a high pressure spring and I used an adjustable relief which is wound up as much as it will go. So yes, the gears change the flow, the spring changes the flow/pressure and the adjustable relief also changes the flow/pressure.

Second question: You can do that if you like, however there are multiple factors to consider before just slapping them in and sending it.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

No pms thanks, I've turned off notifications and don't intend on checking anything. It has taken up many hundreds of hours of my time and makes me wish I rode a scooter instead.

Best thing to do is to start a thread, or just ask in the thread you already have.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah it probably would lol. This video shows what you need to verify to install gears. They need to stay together in the correct orientation when installing. Other than that it needs an impact driver to undo the backing plate and uses loctite when you reinstall it. The spring is easy to swap. Be very clean and use lube when reinstalling the gears.

• Like 1