Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d

hey all...

I've been doing a lot of searching around the block and well it has come down to a couple of final decisions that I like the sound of!

1st of all... is Nizpro's stage 1 tune upgrade worth the money? And what RWKw's are they putting out with this set up?

Also I like the sound of the Rapid V2.0 system… with the intercooler and CAI set up will it be a perfect match for the Nizpro tune? I’m already running a full lower F6 snorkel CAI system and an Xforce 2.5 by 4 inch high flow cat.

Just wandering what my best alternatives may be!

Any info will be great!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 20d

I am currently running a nizpro cooler on my ba.

car makes around 340rwkw and does 11.0's

I could be mistaken but there might be a bit of cutting involved with the rapi kit whereas the nizpro cooler doesnt require anything to be cut, just 3 holes drilled and it bolts in.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 16d

Interesting read, thanks for posting. I'm wondering where the factory air box gets its cool air from. The original cold air snorkel seems to be missing?

f6 airbox with the under headlight intake, works well.

What did you guys do about the hole where the factory cold air snorkel meets the airbox? If this isn't covered, wouldn't the box just be pulling in hot air from the engine bay??

...oh and yes, I know this thread is more than a year old!! :shocked::beerchug:

Edited by Phooned

• 4 months later...
  • All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 13d

Theres different mods and different tuners around. I know this too well and there are those who some don't like, others that others don't like.

But what it all comes down to in the end is the XRT and power at the treads. Am I right? Yes I'm right.

I picked up my car from Nizpro today after 7 days without it :beerchug:

I was told all about response and intake noise before iI picked it up.

I'd had stage 1 installed last year and the car put out 325 rwKW but most of that was up top. COuld drive the car around without bringing on boost alot but when you booted it, was like being shot out of a cannon.

Well, 5 mins after getting my car I gave it a little tickle. Bugger the cannon, this is just raw "Kicked in the head by a donkey" stuff.

The car is street driveable, no probs, but when you put some pressue on the pedal, MY GOD!!! What was that thing called traction??

The instake sound is unreal. There was a supercharged unit that came along on the Otways cruise a month or so ago. It sounded like an F1-11. Well my car sounds like a dam squadron of them. And the flutter on decell...Ithat worries me a bit cause it sounds like I'm driving a rice burner.

Seriously guys, tuners and manufacturers aside, 372 rwKW is absolutely mind blowing. I don't know how you 400+ blokes get out of the driveway. Seriously.

My right foot has developed muscles it never knew it had. (The muscles of very light acceleration). Well they are in for a wrokout now as I need ot be soooo gentle.

I went for a drive in a mates Clubby 317 a few months back. NO comparison. It had grunt, but not GRUNT!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you. It what it is all about. These cars are magic. But like I am going to be, just be bloody careful out there.

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 2m 6d

haha sounds awesome!

Post mods! zf or manual? still stock bottom end? Hope that's a safe 370+! Nizpro usually work some magic :D Enjoy!

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 30d

sounds like a great drive!!!

I know the 317 clubby was no comparison but how would you compare the 317 to a stock turbo of F6?? My mates just picked one up and its inevitable that I will rock up next to him in the very near future hahaha

Edited by nang3

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

What is it with mates and HSVs :) One of mine bought the 2003 Monaro recently...hehehe.

Your car sounds awesome Rudiger! Take it to the strip and lay a time! :)