Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 30d
Well done brian  :spoton: good to see another nizpro enhanced F6

Brings back memories from when simon and dave fitted my kit at tunehouse,drive in drive out same day

I have the larger rear muffler on mine....no drone at all mate

Enjoy

Thanks Jim. Take away the drone and I'll be far happier. I think it was just a simple error from the supplier.

• Member For: 18y 5m 4d

Excellent post Brian,

Makes me want to put my Nizpro Stage II kit in the boot right now and drive to Melbourne to get it fitted professionally by Simon & Dave! I so wish they weren't 3500km away :blink:

Anyways I hope you the Xforce exhaust issues get rectified quickly and that the incorrect brackets, muffler type and the crookness of the tail pipes can all be resolved. I hope I dont have these same issues when I fit one to my car?

Does it still idle slow?

Cheers

Justin

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
Excellent post Brian,

Makes me want to put my Nizpro Stage II kit in the boot right now and drive to Melbourne to get it fitted professionally by Simon & Dave! I so wish they weren't 3500km away  :blink:

Anyways I hope you the Xforce exhaust issues get rectified quickly and that the incorrect brackets, muffler type and the crookness of the tail pipes can all be resolved. I hope I dont have these same issues when I fit one to my car?

Does it still idle slow?

Cheers

Justin

Ta, a 50+% increase in a single upgrade is huge. For anyone used to the high power level it's OK, for anyone not used to it, it would be a shock.

Exhaust issue will be fixed; I think it was a simple delivering mistake by x-force delivery the wrong rear muffler section.

Idle will be sorted ... minor issue .... however the car has never cut out, unlike our Ford T experiences years ago.

Brian

• Member For: 18y 4m 17d

Hey Brian,

Nice meeting you too, we had a good chat :)

Always enjoying meeting co-petrolheads, keeps me sane in a world everyone makes us believe we are crazy...lol.

My tailpipes are level, I asked Simon to make sure about that, and he said they would rectify it, which they did.

Other than that, same powerlevels as Brian, if I plant it in 2nd gear at around 50kph, at the onset of boost rears let go...

So, I am getting to to feel the onset of boost, at the same time hearing and feeling tyres let go, and back of ever so slightly to avoid wheelspin, and am getting excellent acceleration, without wheelspin...ok, maybe chirp-chirp-chirp.....

I need to plug in OBD-II, and see what this thing would do 0-150kph - I wouldn't be surprised to see around 7 seconds, to be honest.

Coming back to what Brian, Simon and myself discussed over at Nizpro, I would think that around the 370rwkw level would be the maximum advisable level for street use, as it is fairly controllable, when we don't drive like hoons, and have a excellent linear acceleration characteristic.

Couldn't ask for better results than this - except, I would have preferred 2 smaller turbos, but, that's another story - and something Simon is keen to try :)

Anyway, here is a pic of my Dynosheet, rwkw vs boost pressure, to give you guys a comparison of my UTE vs Brian's car, done 3 days apart, except ambient temps were hitting 35 deg C when we were tuning mine.

Makes for a decent comparison, I have 368rwkw vs approx the same for Brian's.

Enjoy.

<div class='bbimg'>

kw_boost.jpg
</div> Edited by MrBean

It's very interesting to see that we make peak torque at the same wheelspeed, hence rpm, and that you make your peak rwkw slightly higher rpm than mine.

Another thing of interest, is that your average boost levels seems to be a little higher average overall, more above 16psi than mine, yet my hp curve a little fatter from 2700-4300 rpm.

Another point, my hp peak approx 400rpm earlier than yours?

Wonder why those differences? Seems slightly more linear, with less flat areas....

Will chat to Simon anyway, so will ask him - but yes, map's shape in general are consistent with each other.

Edited by MrBean

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members

Yes, almost identical result, same 16lb (stable) boost, power curve.

Simon (Extreme) did one last month and also got the same results.

Good to meet you also.

Brian

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
Wonder why those differences? Seems slightly more linear, with less flat areas....

Will chat to Simon anyway, so will ask him - but yes, map's shape in general are consistent with each other.

Possibly related to some of the changes Dave made when he backed off the power on my tune, at my request.

Nizpro store/log all the data from the runs, and their software can do an overlay comparison of all the data at most rpm points.

They have a lot more data at their disposal (and far more than a dd dyno) than most people realise. Well worth getting Simon to show you.

Brian

Yep, I see they give you a little more initially, then midrange I have a little more, then top-end approx the same, but 400rpm diff in peak hp.

a Little funny that, especially if you compare the boost levels at those comparable rpm's, your peak should have been earlier too. Boost already dropping a fair bit when you hit peak hp.

But, once again shows the importance of tuning individual engines - fairly different power levels at different breakpoints - yet shapes are the similar.

Thanx for documenting the progress in such detail, makes for a good idea what's involved.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members

Another issue is what's called "Wheel Power", which measures/estimates the power as a sum of the power that your dyno graph displays plus estimated power lost due to wheel slip.

The dyno logs the actual rpm as recorded via the wheels, and the connection into the ODB2 port records what what the ecu sees as rpm, and the software does a comparison.

The amount of wheel slip will vary from car to car.

My "Tune 7" run displayed 382rwkw, whereas I have the print that shows Wheel Power as 392kw. The Nizpro dyno also has a capability of displaying a graph of "Tyre Loss kw". For example, I have an overlay print of a comparison of dyno runs of gogo's stage 4 run and my cars run at the last Nizpro day, plotted across the entire run. At 5600 revs gogo had a tyre loss of 23KW, my loss was recorded as 15KW. The tyre loss starts from around 0 at 3400 revs. Nizpro review this data when tuning. A car with less grippy tyres can be making a lot more power than what is actually displayed, and is of course more noticable at higher power levels.

Of course the cars may not be strapped down the same either.

Brian

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 6d

Of course the cars may not be strapped down the same either.

Brian

So why don't more tuners use the hub dyno like Tunehouse to eliminate wheel slip? Surely they would be cheaper and more portable if you wanted to move workshop or even take the dyno to the dragstrip in the back of a ute?