Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

I took my daughter out late last night and did a 0-100 run. With a fair bit of wheel spin it was around 4.5 but I'm tipping it was quicker as it was about 200m of wheel spin.

It dead set scares me. When the boost comes on hard it is like being hit with a sledgehammer, I kid you not.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

LOL!

All seems in order, yes :nod:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

But what it all comes down to in the end is the XRT and power at the treads. Am I right? Yes I'm right.

Im sorry but Im going to disagree with you on that one.

I'll give my reasons later as I cant be bothered typing anymore, but I disagree lol.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 30d

370rwkw…

It was dreamt about in 2003, huge power in 2004 (I had 360rwkw that year), big power in 2005, very good power in 2007, average/good power in 2010. Don’t get me wrong but 370rwkw is fairly common these days, and plenty of aftermarket components are available to get that power and a lot more…. Still a very quick car compared with stock.

Not much of a comparison comparing this with a 317 Clubby or R8, especially if stock.

It’s not really a monster. This is just the initial reaction to any major power upgrade for anyone. I felt the same way when I bought a Calais turbo in ’88. It’s all relative.

You very quickly learn you do not put your foot to the floor in 1st and 2nd. You are wasting your time and rubber.

It comes down to what power you are used to, and with any power upgrade you have to adapt your reflexes quickly; and you should have at the equivalent of at least 4-pot Brembos if you want to stop. Things happen so much more quickly, and you can get yourself into trouble in the blink of an eye.

You adapt to the power delivery and get used to it. I would not be doing acceleration tests with my kids in the car. That is irresponsible, as I have learnt from experience. The real place for acceleration testing is the drag strip, where you get the buzz associated with doing 120mph +.

Until you get to know your car you should be extra careful when you have passengers, and of course you should always be careful when you have passengers. Be extra careful in roundabouts.

It is not just about power; it’s also about smoothness of the power delivery, fuel economy and reliability. I’d advise to check for boost leaks in a month, as I’ve been caught out before.

It’s also about producing a well balanced car.

Do you also have brakes upgraded, suspension upgraded, and rubber with extra grip?

Brian

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

Thought I posted a reply but its not here. Oh well.

Yeah everything is upgraded. No sense "go ing" if you can't stop so brakes, shocks and springs all done before stage 2.

Rubber is the prob. The standard 245 on the back and good for handl;ing but just can't cope with the power. I have Maxia MA-Z1 s all round on 19" rims. I was thinking of going slightly wider on the rear but this may just be an excercise in futility.

Do you have any suggestions?