Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 26d

they would want to make that pipework nice and shiny ,only thing that might take your mind off the fact it's got to be near 3m long

long as it does the job I guess ,

• Member For: 17y 3m

The speed that the air is travelling, at 15psi and the fact that the cooler has just 0.5psi pressure drop, you'd be hard pressed to feel any induced lag from the length of the pipework over standard.

Its probably marginally longer than standard, but greater diameter pipe work and cooler inlet/oulets makes up for that with increased flow. and when I upgrade to plenum on the next car, I would have the shortest pipe work of all the kits available for the xr6T, considering that the Nizpro cooler has offset endtanks, from the high outlet of the cooler, under the headlight to T.B would be all of about 50cms.

Edited by Full Monty

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 26d

I can see the benefits if your planning plenum down the track ,

still not sure on the look , I know looks are the last thing to consider , but when you got a cooler that size behind the grill it's begging to be looked at .

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d
it's begging to be looked at .

I agree 100%. looks are extremely important, otherwise why do we spend weeks and look at hundreds of web sites to get the wheels exactly right?

dragway splats (im showing my age) or hotwires would 'do the job', and 'I wouldnt be able to see them from the drivers seat', but no one in thier right mind would go there.....

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d
considering that the Nizpro cooler has offset endtanks, from the high outlet of the cooler, under the headlight to T.B would be all of about 50cms.

no it wouldnt, it still needs to go across and under the headlight, then back up. no difference in legnth to 'polished, centred, bottom-bottom feed coolers that only really utilise half the core' ic's ...

Edited by fordriver1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d
I agree 100%. looks are extremely important, otherwise why do we spend weeks and look at hundreds of web sites to get the wheels exactly right?

dragway splats (im showing my age) or hotwires would 'do the job', and 'I wouldnt be able to see them from the drivers seat', but no one in thier right mind would go there.....

wold you pick looks over performance???

I think its every one to his own , if it does the job better or maybe better than one that's all nice and centered and polished then that's all he care's about .im the same way im really not fussed wat people think about my car its about what your happy with.

Edited by 6L_ETA

Cheers 6L ETA...Ive seen the "other" design (bottom to bottom) coolers run up on the dyno, have witnessed core temps being measured across the whole core with an infrared gun. Also seen comparison intake temperatures during a dyno run on the same amount of boost. It was clear to me, and others that witnessed it, that the whole core wasn't being used effectively, so you might as well have a smaller cooler.

If all I cared about was bling, I would have saved some coin and mounted up a polished STG 1 cooler from some of the other manufacturers.

But I care about performance, repeatable power (not just 1-2 squirts then 30kw drop) and this thing is the shnitz in that dept, super consistent, fark all measurable pressure drop across the core, and fark all temperature rise above ambient air temp. Im happy, and so are the hundreds of others using this cooler, and that's all that matters. finito.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d

Fair enough. As long as you're happy then who really gives a f*ck :spit:

Who did the intercooler testing? Has been plenty of talk about it but never anything actually released that I know of. :bowdown:

Nizpro did an open house testing day with about 25 ppl present around a year ago, lots of measurements taken, only a couple of different types though. infrared heat taken at marked points across the cores, intake temps etc.

I have seen the live on screen graphs of a few cars similar power / setup to mine using different cores, before I made my mind up on which one I wanted.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 2d

No doubt it performs well.. But if it were a few inches right (when looking at the front of the car) It would be the 'best' in all categories, not just performance..

If your happy with it than alls good, I have a 'wog cooler' so what would I know ey..LOL