Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d

Very good write-up Brian.

B@stard...................................................................... :crybaby:

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 30d
Great write up and pictures Brian and an awesome result..did they charge you extra for getting in the way every 5 mins with the camera?... :crybaby:

Thanks,

I'm sure they were cursing under their breath whenever I got in the way.

Dave & Simon are used to me, first time I'd met Jason, so he was probably wondering who the hell I was. This is really a hobby (wife thinks it's a sickness) for me, so I'm very grateful that Simon let me hang around.

• Mushroom
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 8d
Great insight Brian! Didn't take you long!

I know what you mean about straight line grunt.

These F6's have amazing get up and go.

I'm cranking 384rwkw out of the ZF and it is amazing how responsive the gearbox is. I will be venturing over 400 soon may be one only a few to do so, interesting times ahead.

Looking at the arsenal of weapons at home you should start your own racing team!  :crybaby:

Excellent result there Brian. It shows how easy it is to get good power out of the F6 when using the right components.

Has anyone here looked at what's involved in strengthening the ZF?

Anyone had to rebuild one yet?

Brian, did you get any feedback from Simon wih regards to the box and what sort of torque / power they will hold.

There was an interesting thread on FordForums a little while back, but noone seems to be doing anything with these boxes yet.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
[

Excellent result there Brian. It shows how easy it is to get good power out of the F6 when using the right components.

Has anyone here looked at what's involved in strengthening the ZF?

Anyone had to rebuild one yet?

Brian, did you get any feedback from Simon wih regards to the box and what sort of torque / power they will hold.

There was an interesting thread on FordForums a little while back, but noone seems to be doing anything with these boxes yet.

There are a few guys with Nizpro kits running a tad over 400rwkw without problems to date, but it comes down to how hard you drive it. I'd like some reliabilty, why is why I'm starting off conservatively.

However, at this stage Simon and Dave would not recommend putting my other motor in front of that box, and probably not the Nizpro Stage 4 kits that are pushing 450 to 500rwkw.... they will be the domain of the manuals, but I'm sure someone will want to be the guinea pig.

Yes I saw that other thread, some good info.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Brian, I'm confused, the Nizpro Stage 2 is supposed to be around 395kw at the fly wheel, and you are making much more than that aren't you, more like 420+kw. Or is this because this is an F6 and the websites numbers are for an XR6T?

Also how does the Nizpro intercooler rate. I know Nizpro don't make rubbish, but would this be comparable to an APS or Plazmaman or Process West?

Do you think putting on the correct larger rear muffler will eliminate the drone, which is something I can't stand and won't wear.

Awesome results.

I might look into a stage 1.5 I think.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d
Brian, I'm confused, the Nizpro Stage 2 is supposed to be around 395kw at the fly wheel, and you are making much more than that aren't you, more like 420+kw. Or is this because this is an F6 and the websites numbers are for an XR6T?

The Nizpro kits are quoted for power levels not inclusive of exhaust modification or extra fuel pump.

Hence these costs are extra, and open the engine combination up well..

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members

I understand exactly where you are coming from, and have already made Simon aware of this issue.

The F6 and more recently the stronger internals of the BF, have meant that these kits and their capability needs redefinition.

In the BA the rods were the main issue, and we had a rule of thumb that if you exceeded around 330rwkw you should upgrade the rods.... in the case of Nizpro that was a stage 3.... so you then had a blueprinted motor and 330 to say 380rwkw was not an issue (my blue car was the first modified with such).

Now, with a much stronger base motor, it would seem that up to around 400rwkw can be supported with standard rods. The base Cobra Stage 2 kit components will support up to around 330rwkw; to go futher you will need more fuel flow capability (hence upgraded fuel pump), higher flow turbo, and less restrictive exhaust I.e add this to stage 2.

(Personally, I'd recommend a high flow cat at stage 2 level).

Intercooler debate rages everywhere, and there's a lot of diversified opinions. Nizpro utilise a tube and fin core supplied by PWR, and Simon monitors inlet temps very carefully, and I know he would not use it unless it worked well. That is not to say that Kevin at Process West does not have something that works better (Kevin made an IC for my STi that outperformed an APS unit, with inlet temps carefully measured). In this case I buy a proven kit knowing that I will get a consistent result, and I'm not going to dismantle the kit to chase another 5 or 10 kilawatts. If someone told me there was 20 or 30rwkw in it, then naturally I'd investigate.... but I doubt it.

I'll find out about the rear muffler next week, and believe it will make a huge difference.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Thanks brian.

Any thoughts yet on the suspension. I'm about to do mine and was thinking going the tein coil overs and front whiteline 26mm bar and spherical links. That way I can get the ride height exactly where I want it, but it's a lot dearer than going Bilsteins and King springs and the Teins are fully rebuildable and you can change the damper settings from within car with the extra controller. $3K vs $1.5K. Many rave about the Bilstein setup though.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 16d
Thanks brian.

Any thoughts yet on the suspension. I'm about to do mine and was thinking going the tein coil overs and front whiteline 26mm bar and spherical links. That way I can get the ride height exactly where I want it, but it's a lot dearer than going Bilsteins and King springs and the Teins are fully rebuildable and you can change the damper settings from within car with the extra controller. $3K vs $1.5K.  Many rave about the Bilstein setup though.

Go the Teins, I have the bilsteins/kings/whiteline setup and sometimes I kick myself that I should have gone the teins,as much as they make a huge difference I think the control you get with the coils would be well worth the extra dollars spent, especially if you plan on doing track work or alot of twisty roads... saying that I still love the setup I have at the moment