Nizpro Stage 2 Kit

DA HULK

• Member For: 20y 6m 16d

car is booked back in for further tuning, idle is pretty bad seems weather related as well. today it wouldn't idle at all I had to keep the rpms up everywhere, however came good a little later.

still loving the power, spins second gear under acceleration. gearbox is whining bad. however gearbox expert that maughn theim use is adament that it is gear wear and not power related so it's warranty.

would want warranty anyway as my son busted them thrashing the ute on a test drive to listen to the gearbox.

managed a 13.61 at 108mph the clutch was slipping off the line and the car felt mega heavy!!! you really can tell.

driver, small toolbox, fuel and hardtop 2.1tn bloody hell!!

• Member For: 20y 9m 28d

Yeah, I had problems with idle as well.Did it a couple of times before the kit was fitted & has done it since a few times as well.

Very annoying. Have a look at the thread on stalling - seems lots of people are having problems with it.Hopefully the Ford ecu upgrade will help(when they do one!)

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 6m 16d

Here's a quick update on my experience with the stage 2 Nizpro kit. Sorry its taken me so long, I've been pretty damn busy.

Since the install of the Nizpro Kit we have had the car back to M/T. At this time the gearbox was removed and reconditioned due to excessive gear noise. This work was carried out under warranty; also a H/D extreme clutch and pressure plate was installed. It should be noted that the gear box was noisy prior to the Nizpro upgrade and only worsened after a while. The gear box was reconditioned by Peter at “Precision Differentials” and I was able to talk with Peter and discuss the probable cause of the failure. Peter explained that the noise was due to gear wear only. This is probably caused by Ford utilising incorrect oil and the service period being stretched out too far. The strength of the shafts and bearings appear to be adequate to handle the 295 RWKW the car is producing even with the heavy clutch installed. The car has done around 4000 KM since the upgrade, total 25, 000 km we have not had any tuning since the install. The following points describe my observations to date -:

Rough idle still exists but not too bad

Occasionally the engine stalls on take off. Maybe once in fifty starts?

Fuel economy is amazing, prior to install the car would go about 400-440 kms per tank. Now we go 600-680 kms per tank. This is a huge bonus although I was worried about the car running lean. This prompted me to install a air fuel ratio gauge to monitor the situation. The gauge indicates all is well. Wait and see? Oh, by the way, I’m not real gentle with it!

The engine is real strong all the time with no noticeable lag. Boost hits 15 PSI at 3800 rpm and stays until 6000 rev limit cuts power. The engine runs smooth and consistent, never falters or back fires etc. ‘I like it!’

When boost comes on in first gear the rear loses traction and you have to drive through first to keep traction. Second gear also breaks traction at 4000 rpm especially on cold temperature nights or early morning. Car will pull hard all the way to 200 and then I get scared! I don’t know how far it will go…

New clutch shudders a bit!

To summarise I would say the car is excellent and I will cope with rough idle, stalling and clutch shudder to enjoy the huge output of this daily driver.

M/T have been keen to please and will look to re-tuning soon. I am too busy to give the car up right now, but will try soon.

Garry

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 27d

Great milage, tell me more about the kit where how much. Found web site their looking for the kit.

Edited by Slymeat

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 12d

Sounds like a great ride you have Gary, enjoy. :spoton:

Geea. :k24t:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 10d
Fuel economy is amazing, prior to install the car would go about 400-440 kms per tank. Now we go 600-680 kms per tank. This is a huge bonus although I was worried about the car running lean. This prompted me to install a air fuel ratio gauge to monitor the situation. The gauge indicates all is well. Wait and see? Oh, by the way, I’m not real gentle with it!

More power less fuel it always amazes me when I hear this and I dont think I will ever fully understand it. :ermm: It aint like the old day's of whackin a gas guzzlin 750 double pumper on to try and extract a few more ponies out of it. :lol:

Shame about the engine stalling any idea on what's causing it?

Sound's grouse otherwise. :ermm: