Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 12y 4m 29d

Sounds Good, Even let's say if I just took it in for a tune with stock cooler/exhaust/injectors, Will it wake it up and make auto feel much better?

Was thinking just putting a 4" Dump + hiflow cat in since it's not too hard to do and take it in for a tune.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

the newer the model the better the car

if u were to get into a fg series u can get real decent hp off the most basic mods as said , hot tip if u only want say 300 rwkw/ 450 hp ish u could get that off less than 5k in mods no worries.

where do u live ?

• Member For: 12y 4m 29d

FG's not much to look out for, I'd say biggest thing instead of looking for common faults as most of this would have been fixed under warranty.

Just look for signs of Burnouts to see which ones haven't been thrashed as much.

• Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Z2TT,

I assume the car isn't brand new. I would suggest disconnecting the battery over night to clear the cars memory. This will make it forget any previous driving habits. Reconnect it the following morning and go for a drive. The car will learn all your habits and you may find it is more responsive. Another quick thing to do would be to complete some maintenance on your boost solenoid by spraying some WD40 in it. This will ensure the solenoid is opening and closing correctly as they can get a bit sticky over time.

A few mods and tuning will make a huge difference to the car regardless of the above, you'll have trouble getting traction anywhere under 60kph I'd say.

Benny.

• Member For: 11y 11m 29d

Hi guys ! I'm Considering getting a 2011 xr6 turbo with 75000 on the clock from a dealer. Are there any reliability, mechanical or electrical issues I should be aware of. I'am a petrolhead from way back. had a 1982 falcon V8 way back ( Shows my age ) and all sorts of power machines since