Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 27d

I would definitely go 275/30/20 on a 10 inch rim in Nittos.

I have put on 295/25/20 Nittos on my car at the moment and they don't grip anywhere near as well... I went to overtake a big truck today and did a 70-110km/h power slide... Wouldn't have happened with 275's...

• Member For: 12y 5m 1d

G'day WORM.

So I think you are who I'm needing to talk to. You seem to have done exactly what I want to do.

May I ask...

What wheels and what size/offset they are?

Is your car lowered?

Are the guards or control blade modified?

Why do you think the 295s have less grip than the 275s - given all else is equal?

Do you have a pic please?

As I'm a newby, this is the last post I'm allowed to make today, so - I'm not being rude - but please forgive me for not posting after this one - but I'll keep reading posts for a while tonight.

Cheers gents - guess I'll be back tomorrow after 10:58am.

• Member For: 14y 1m 23d

worm has a b series, been through a thousand different wheels and offsets, his car is pretty much as low as it can be.

If you go into the thread "The Shoe Whore Mega Thread" you will see some off worms wheels !

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 27d

Smooth...

If you wanna run a 10 on an FG that's nice and low... 20x10 +40-42 is perfect with Nitto 275/30/20... The Tyres are round on the edges, so they fit in nicely and tuck well...

295/25/20, whilst being wider... Don't have as high a sidewall, hence this is causing the loss of traction...

Does it have Brembos? I have a nice set of rims for sale now with Nittos... :-) (shameless plug!)

Oh and my power slide wouldve looked f*cking epic! Haha!!! At first when I lost traction I didn't expect it... But then I powered on through and semi drifted beside the truck! LOL

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

Hahahaha style worm. Do it again with someone filming :) lol

Lol jd I was just thinking the exact same the other day. Big dish rims=way different offset and the centre that gets bolted is way in from the rim edge :/

Also what is the actual offset numbers measured in? The +30 or +42 etc. Is it mm or what? Or some predetermined measurement? Like 1 offset=2mm?

Edited by Shyfrd