Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 14y 3m 30d

Take your car to a suspension shop who already have the shims and get them to do the job.

They know what's needed and will do the alignment at the same time.

• Member For: 11y 11d

Sorry like I said im not overly knowledgeable when it comes to cambers etc. Would this be the kind of thing im after?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUPERPRO-FORD-FALCON-AU-1-2-3-BA-BF-FG-FRONT-CAMBER-CASTOR-SHIM-KIT-3MM-/271246333676?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f278a96ec

When you go for a wheel alignment they will have the shims and it's part of the alignment mate.

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

You say that vixen but I took my car for a full alignment at jax and they told me there was no camber adjustment available (coz the bolts werent long enough apparently) so they only adjusted the castor and toe and I still paid full price, $77 I think. I suppose it depends on where u go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 4d

Jax tyres charge $66 for a wheel alignment and this only includes any basic adjustments is toe adjustment. Any additional camber correction is charged at an hourly rate for thei time. Having shimmed the car up myself its fair enough cause its a a bit of a sh*t job to do!

As the for the stock bolts being long enough, I have sssl front springs with completely shimmed bolts and have less than -1 deg camber so if anyone tells you the bolts aren't long enough then that doesn't sound right

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 4d

Will

19 x 9 +20

or

19 x 10.5 +25

fit and look good with out rolling or guard work on a FG Ute ?

Would need some tire stretch. 10.5+30 with 325's juuuuust Touchs on bumps.

• Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Here I go first post...

Does anyone know if the Enkei PF01 (or RPF1) in the following wheel and tyre size

18 x 8.5 + 30 F (245/40)

18 x 9.5 + 45 R (275/35)

Will fit on a SC'd FG GT? I want to switch to a light 18" all black rim on my next tyre change to maximise handling and these seem the go.

Cheers

Edited by dl86

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Here I go first post...

Does anyone know if the Enkei PF01 (or RPF1) in the following wheel and tyre size

18 x 8.5 + 30 F (245/40)

18 x 9.5 + 45 R (275/35)

Will fit on a SC'd FG GT? I want to switch to a light 18" all black rim on my next tyre change to maximise handling and these seem the go.

Cheers

Fronts would be ok but I am not sure about the rear, it will go about 28mm further in than a std 18x8 +36 which I think may hit the control blade bolt/mount.

A +36 or less in the rear would clear, could someone else confirm???

• Member For: 14y 3m 30d

Here I go first post...

18 x 8.5 + 30 F (245/40)

18 x 9.5 + 45 R (275/35)

Cheers

No they'll only fit if you take the blower off:)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 29d

I've been told by 2 places that to fix 2-2.5 degrees negative camber I'll need a camber kit, more than just some shims. I'm hearing different things everywhere and just wanna get this sorted, anyone know a really good tyre place in perth?