Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

The front will be ok, the relationship between the arm and the wheel does not change when the spring is changed. The whole assembly will lean in a bit.

This is my 20x9
post-52886-0-41560700-1372937393_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 29d

While talking about camber I might jump in if possible. My car currently has 2.5 degrees of negative camber, and im told you can get a pack for about 400 bucks installed that will straighten it up properly (that's from a tire place, and unfortunately tyres/camber isn't my forte). Is that about right or? At the moment I'm ripping through achilles ATR sports, and before I put my 275 invos on I want the camber sorted. It was just wearing the inside of the tyre away, and over a trip from karratha to perth I lost 3 tyres in the same way, inside of each tyre just ripped away half way around the whole tyre.

• Member For: 11y 11d

While talking about camber I might jump in if possible. My car currently has 2.5 degrees of negative camber, and im told you can get a pack for about 400 bucks installed that will straighten it up properly (that's from a tire place, and unfortunately tyres/camber isn't my forte). Is that about right or? At the moment I'm ripping through achilles ATR sports, and before I put my 275 invos on I want the camber sorted. It was just wearing the inside of the tyre away, and over a trip from karratha to perth I lost 3 tyres in the same way, inside of each tyre just ripped away half way around the whole tyre.

What model do you have .. They are talking about a camber kit, it adds shims to correct your camber issue therefore you will have better contact of the tyre surface and not the inside edge. If you have a FG you don't need the kit as it able to accomodate extra shims if it's a BA-BF you will need the kit.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 6m 28d

The front will be ok, the relationship between the arm and the wheel does not change when the spring is changed. The whole assembly will lean in a bit.

This is my 20x9

Excellent that's what I was hoping. Cheers mate

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

As mentioned before the upper control arm studs on the FG are long enough for shims to be added to adjust the camber.

Camber kits basically come with longer studs and some shims and they are a rip-off.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

As above, the std camber bracket bolts are only long enough to take out engineering tolerances from production. Some cars will get away with shims only at 2SL, 3SL if you are really lucky. Mine was not even close at 3SL. I have a set of std brackets that I can weld in longer bolts (as I did to mine), made up a little jig to do it right. I was thinking of putting them up in the classifieds on a changeover basis....

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

Ive got kings SSLs and took it to jax for a wheel alignment, they said they couldn't put in any shims because the bolts weren't long enough. I had a look and I rekon they could've fit 1 in but maybe they were playing it safe. Ive just left the camber at -1.5 at the front and ill just keep an eye on tyre wear.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk