Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 11y 5m 9d

Bellato you could probably get away with your current camber for the front as they will still sit in the guard by a few mm. The rear will depend entirely on clearance at the guard and lower trailing arm.

Fair enough on the tyre sizes. That xxr wheel is heavy, was thinking of those a few years back. But they're cast so one buckle and its bye bye wheel. Cheap but heavy and not as strong as forged

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

What site is the best to get these wheels from the states??

Anthony

xxr wheels can get from most places for similar prices. nlmotoring are good according to most

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-Wheels-962-s/48.htm

Bellato you could probably get away with your current camber for the front as they will still sit in the guard by a few mm. The rear will depend entirely on clearance at the guard and lower trailing arm.

Fair enough on the tyre sizes. That xxr wheel is heavy, was thinking of those a few years back. But they're cast so one buckle and its bye bye wheel. Cheap but heavy and not as strong as forged

Yea well closest I found to what I want so far is 19x8.5 +17 about same amount of low and they have a bit of rubbing, I just need to check how much guard work and camber on there's to find out

As for the rears, not worried about the guards, just the control blade. I've read of a few that have done +42. I just need to get underneath my car and measure to check that's all

Yea I realise they're not the 'best' quality and I'm hoping the higher profile can help take some of the impact. But in saying that if one does break they aren't overly expensive to get another set sent over. Can either pay $300 to get another sent over from the states or $1000 to get another set and keep the rest as spares or sell them cheap to someone

• Member For: 11y 5m 9d

You'll find a 40, 35 profile combo is quite comfy for street - I run the same on mine and was quite surprised at first

The xxrs are alright for the price but when I ordered mine I still had no wheels after 2 months of waiting so canned the whole idea and looked elsewhere. This was 3 years ago though

• Member For: 11y 5m 29d

Does anyone know what offset this guy is running

Front 20x8.5+20???

Rear 20x10+40 or +20??

I've read 20x10+40 will fill the rear of a sedan but don't think will have the same effect on the ute so I assume +20 would be a better fit.

Thanks

What would be the best offset for the TSW rims on a FG ute......

• Member For: 13y 8m 4d

Back again with another stupid question. Sorry.

Varrstoen 2.2.2 (19 inch) to fit a FG ute am I right in getting: 9.5 + 22 fronts and 10.5 + 12 rears?

Would a 245/35 front and 275/30 rear be the best choice in tyre size?

Cheers.

• Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Back again with another stupid question. Sorry.

Varrstoen 2.2.2 (19 inch) to fit a FG ute am I right in getting: 9.5 + 22 fronts and 10.5 + 12 rears?

Would a 245/35 front and 275/30 rear be the best choice in tyre size?

Cheers.

yep would be sik!! rears guards may need a little massaging but wouldn be much if any