Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

I didn't weight them to check but wheels and tyres I don't think my vertini's are any heavier than the 18" snowflakes that came on the car. In terms of ride comfort you'll notice 18" to 20" but a 19" and 20" are pretty similar. Also in saying that they use the same profile, well because you have an inch less diameter in a 19 you can go a bit bigger side wall on the tyre. Ie most go a 275/30 on a 20x10 but you could easily go 275/35 on a 19x10 (or is it 9.5, don't remember).

All depends what you want really. As far as practicality is concerned the 19" is a better option because you can put more tyre on to get better grip but they look small on an FG.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m

so we are allowed to go same profile between 19 and 20 because there's a fg model that has a higher profile ratio tyre fitted as standard (e.g. 17" wheel with 50 profile)? so its not dictated by the placard (I.e. 19" - 35 profile so 20" - 30 profile to maintain OD)? thanks for the advice guys

• Donating Members

I don't think you can legally change the overall rolling diameter that much but in terms of it fitting yes you can. Remember as well thought that with staggered rims a 275/30 tyre will have almost as much side wall as a 245/35 so overall diameter's are the same. so going off profiles alone is a bit deceiving

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m

I don't think you can legally change the overall rolling diameter that much but in terms of it fitting yes you can. Remember as well thought that with staggered rims a 275/30 tyre will have almost as much side wall as a 245/35 so overall diameter's are the same. so going off profiles alone is a bit deceiving

agreed. I think +15mm in OD in vic anyway. hence I've always thought that if I go 20s and stay 245 wide then I have to go 245/30-20 (to stay within the +15 OD of 245/35-19) and 275 would probably have me at 275/25-20. thanks!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 26d

Hi Guys

I'm looking at upgrading my wheels but am unsure as to whether I should go 19s or 20s. I really like the Vertini Magic concaves at the moment. I like the TWS Nurburgrings too but no concave face at all :(

So, the Vertinis 19s or 20s? I have the the standard 18s and had some 19s from Tempe Tyres but one broke and they of course said it was me hitting potholes of which there are many in Sydney. What do you guys think who run 20s, are they too small a profile for crappy city roads or not?

The offsets are better too in the 20s.

Here is my Photoshop attempt with large Vertinis

GeoffosG8Vert-mock.jpg

Cheers Geoff

I run 20's with a 35 profile and they ride better then my stock 19's I think

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

Hi all

Can I ask another silly question re offsets please?

I just rang Ozzy and they said they machine the Vertinis to size but recommend the following as I really prefer 19s over 20s.

Rears 10x19 +40

Fronts 8.5 x 19 with offset to choose anywhere from +35 down to +25 but they recommend +30.

The rear seems fine but I want to make sure the fronts fill the guards nicely as I HATE the big gap in stock form.

So the question is +30 for the fronts okay or should I push for the +25?

With Falkan tyres the total is $2800

Cheers and thanks

Geoff

• Donating Members

Worm had them in 20's with a +28 offset and that was pretty nice. Many will argue for a +25 because that'll be getting close to flush. +30 would be alright though. I have +42 up front and it looks sh*thouse!

Are you getting them in full silver like the picture you posted? Do they still do machine face with black background? they're the ones I have and they look much bigger than the full silver

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

That's the odd part I want full silver but they said they only have machined face. I'll need to check on that.

Cheers

Geoff

• Member For: 14y 1m 25d

+25 up front for sure, Will look nice, it can definitely be done, Im running 19x8.5+0 ATM

Edited by j.d
  • Like 1