Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 10y 8m 28d

Hey guys I'm looking to get the vertini dynasty wheels and had a question regarding offset. Its for a FG ute with normal brake callipers.

I'm going for the concave look so I plan on getting 10" rears with +15 offset. The fronts I want 8.5" but not sure what offset to get?

The ute in the below photo has 8.5" +20 on the front but he has to clear his brembo's, would I be able to go 8.5 + 10 or +15?

afd_20_zps50d2a896.jpg

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 16d

+20 has less brake room than +10.

Considering they are only 8.5 " wide go a +10 to match the rear.

The +10's may not be more concave than the +20's though as most of them just machine the hub face down to change offset instead of moving spokes inwards. Make sense?

Edited by bamk2f6tornado

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 18d

Not too sure if this has all been asked before but anyway here goes...

I have an FG Ute

Will 20x8.5" rims +32 offset front with 245/35/20 tyres and 20x10" rims +35 offset rears with 275/30/20 tyres fit without any clearance problems?

I am running standard height and may go to "SL" height later on would those offsets and rim/tyre combo create any problems later on with the lower ride hight?

cheers
guys!

Edited by kb351

• Member For: 10y 8m 28d

+20 has less brake room than +10.

Considering they are only 8.5 " wide go a +10 to match the rear.

The +10's may not be more concave than the +20's though as most of them just machine the hub face down to change offset instead of moving spokes inwards. Make sense?

But I though the higher number means the centre wheel hub (where the wheel bolts on, is moved further away from the centre of the rim (outwards from the car) Wouldn't that mean the Less the number the closer the spoke will come to the brake?