Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 11y 6m 24d

Imo it makes it turn in a little worse, doesn't seem as sharp to turn in (this is compared to stock 17" 245 45 17)

Probably gives more grip mid corner haven't done a proper comparison though nor do I have the skills or track time

I've always struggled with the understeer of the thing

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 7m 25d

mine sit around 15mm out from the guard, and never had drama, just make sure the tyre sneaks under...

Yeah that's the thing I'm not sure of, if the 275 width will make the tyre poke. If it was a smaller tyre and had some stretch it'd be perfect I think!

Looks pretty mint PTR! Haha

Edited by bonoxr

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 18d

Looking at a set of 18's for my ute ATM.

Fronts are 18x9 +35

Rears at 18x10 +38

Definitely going to get them but I'm hoping to fit 255/40R18 for the fronts and 295/35R18 for the rears.

Any ideas on how the front will fit up? Looks like it'll be close to the upright going by will they fit.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 25d

I test fitted some "drag" rims on the front when I took the above pic.

Its 18x9 +35 with a 265/35/18. Tyres f*cked and a little flat (and sidewall was a little buldgy)...but it JUST hit the control arm as I spun it.

So my guess is your fronts will be very close...like 5mm or less from rim touching....but cause 255 you might get lucky. Still think it may hit going over big bumps and stuff....

Guess you'll let us know when it happens ;)

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 5m 10d

Ok I've been reading heaps but I want to make sure I have things right.

Looking at either vertini rf1 which are easily available and look awesome I just wasn't really looking to go to 20s or I'm looking at 57dr gram lights. 18 x 8.5 +38 is an easy fit size all round on fg sedan right? Thanks guys.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 25d

I prefer 18s cause comfort and extra sidewall for better grip (and I think cornering too?).

19s feel a little rough and haven't tried 20s before...but tyre choice is also limited the higher the size you go.

Ok....back to work for me

• Member For: 9y 5m 10d

Ok after reading in spare time all day I think I've ruled out 20s. I don't care about ride comfort but I like grip and tyre choice seems very limited in 20. Thanks for the quick reply earlier Peter I figured you would be the one to jump on that haha. Now to order some 58dr's from America cos Australian distributor says 5 month wait till shipment haha

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 18d

So it turns out that the versus raceforge2 18x9 +35 doesn't clear brembos up front even though a few places advertise them as brembo compatible.

So I got a set of XXR550s, 8.75 +36 & 9.75 +36 with 255/40r18 & 295/35r18. Clears brembos and has decent fit on the fg ute, no guard work needed.

Pics after AFD tomorrow.

Edited by OZYWALKER