Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 11y 9m 13d

Hey all,

Just wondering everyone's thoughts etc. I'm looking at having to put new tyres on as my current ones (particularly front), are quite worn on the outside shoulder, but look quite low-ish all round.

They're currently Dunlop SP Sports or something, and are 245/35z (wtf is the z for?) R19 Y93's.
I'm not looking to put amazing tyres on, but don't exactly want complete sh*t on there either, I'd like to get something as cheap as possible/reasonable.

So far I've been quoted about $160 each corner fitted and balanced for something called "Maxxis Hifly's", never heard of them before, and from a google search I'm not even 100% sure they're actually Maxxis.

Any thoughts/advice/help please?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 22d

There's maxxis and then there's hifly, hifly is cheap junk, maxxis is ok, do you have a model? MA-Z1's are really good bang for buck, I'd steer well clear of hifly's, they're made by hengfeng rubber in china who also make ovation, kinforest etc

• Donating Members

Actually I'll be honest, I used to fit hifly's all day everyday for 6 years and I noticed the quality increase dramatically since they started shipping them over. Whilst they're not actually a bad tyre, they don't even compare in grip level to the bigger name brand stuff (kumho, nitto, Yokohama, toyo) etc

So if they're going on a mirage or magna or even a Late model camira then sure whack em on, but don't cheap out if you want to actually have some grip :)

• Member For: 11y 9m 13d

Thanks Spyathe, that's what I thought may have been the case.

Nah not sure on model etc.
Open to suggestions though... anything I can pick up for around the $200 ish each or less?

I don't want/need super performance pro racerboy tyres. I just want something that'll not be like riding on soap in the wet or let go under sudden braking etc and that'll last a while (unless you know.. skids).

• Donating Members

Tbh I cant think of anything decent for under $200ea but I haven't been in the game for 2 years so alot can change, have a look at the federal 595's and 595 evo, both a really awesome entry level tyre

• Member For: 10y 1m 4d

hey guys, I have tried to search for my answer but couldnt find anything.

I have a fg mk2 6t limited edition so it has the 19inch wheels. Currently have 245 35 19 on, silly question but can I put other width and sidewall heights on? if so what could I use?

Just really wanting an idea so I can see what tires I couod use.

Thanks.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 7d

Wouldn't really want to go any wider than 245's on the standard 8" Todd. You COULD put a 255 if you really wanted to, but personally I'd stick with 245. You can change profile to something like a 245 40 19 if you wanted, but if you want to keep it legal you'd want to use a calculator to check how much that would increase your overall diameter. You're legally not allowed to increase your diameter by 15mm.

Try this calculator:

'> http://www.willtheyfit.com/

This has vehicle notification laws, you'd want to read the suspension section as it contains wheels and tyres too.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx '> http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

Edited by .Stripes.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

Lowered the ute and running 20x8.5 and 20x11 on the rear, will upload pix to Photobucket then upload here..

Orded 20x9 and 20x12+25 for rear as we have done guard modifications on the rear of ute to fit.

• Like 1