Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 14y 14d

Thanks for that info guys it was a big help to us.

Anyway my son is ordering a staggered set of machined silver with polished lip D1R's 18x8.5 +37 front

18x9.5 +40 rears fitted with budget Achillies ATR sport 245/40 rubber on the front & 265/40 rubber on the rear.

They come with caps, wheel nuts, fitted balanced for $1875 delivered to his door.

It would have cost him $2518 for the same size TSW Cathage with the same budget tyres driving in & buying them from a retailer.

But the retailer said that he would only fit 8's on the front & would not fit 8.5's.

I will post a photo when he gets em on the old girl.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 17d

Did he give a reason for not wanting to fit 8.5s?

Seems strange that a retailer would say that so interested to know if he explained why

Just an Update:

I spoke to George from Rollenso wheels in NSW & he gave me the name of a guy who owns a Tyre retail outlet up in Brisbane that he deals with.

So,,, "to cut a long story short" After speaking with the guy in Brisbane ( who then phoned George at Lorennso Wheels) we managed to work out a good deal & we will now be able to get the same D1R's from him (in Bris) & not have to pay any freight.

All up for the exact same wheels & Tyre deal will now only cost us $17300 for the set fitted.

That is 2x18x8.5 +37 with 245/40's for the front and 2x18x 9.5 +40 with 265/35's on the rear.

A pretty good deal considering some of the stooges we spoke to tried to charge us $450 bucks each for the same D1R wheel without tyres.

And I don't care how good TSW are, I couldn't justify letting my son pay $500.00+ dollars for one Cathage Alloy wheel.

ATR has been known to split at the side walls. Can you get ATR 2

Yes I can get ATR 2, but @ extra cost I would think. although I doubt that there would be a great difference in price between the two.

Edited by BongoKongo

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

He has a BA

17 grand is alot for wheels and tyres

Get the ATR 2

TSW wheels are rotary forged

Edited by arronm

He has a BA

17 grand is alot for wheels and tyres

Get the ATR 2

TSW wheels are rotary forged

lol, For crying out loud boys,, it's a typo! Its meant to be $1,730 or One thousand seven hundred and thirty dollars.

Come on guys I may not be up to scratch on sizes & offset but surely you would have realized it was a typo especially when I said that we had purchased them cheaper than the $1875 that I quoted in my previous post.lol

8.5+37 is a horrible offset, to the point where its going to look like a mistake....... yep like factory rubbish

so what offset would you suggest I put on a BA front & still keep the wheels inside the guards? I was told that the 5x114.3 18x8.5 D1R's only come with either +25,+37 or +42