Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 29d

I'm no expert but those would be crazy offsets for sedan....especially the rears. Not to mention maybe illegal amounts of stretch with 10.5" and 245 tyre?

You would need flaring of rear guards and bulk negative camber and even then im not too sure it would work? My rears at safe 9" +29 are pretty much flush with rear guard at standard height, and would prob just fit when slightly lowered (with a little camber) and since your getting coilovers I assume you want to dump it...calculator rekons 36mm more poke than mine lol

I think +12 is flush with utes?

But don't take my word for it....I would wait for someone with more knowledge/experience to chime in :P

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 14y 3m 3d

Done buy knock off TE37's ;)

Haha true, however Id rather buy these and have cash left over for go fast bits than pay $4,500 for wheels (although yes, they are rediculously awesome wheels). This car will be for the drag strip, wont be drifting, so no need for genuine TE's

• Member For: 14y 3m 3d

Trial fitted the wheels last night, whoa, my head tells me no but my heart tells me YES! haha

Fronts and rears poke about 3/4" out of the guards, looks so tough haha

Waiting to get coilovers installed before I fit them, will post pics...

• Member For: 10y 8m 22d

Haha true, however Id rather buy these and have cash left over for go fast bits than pay $4,500 for wheels (although yes, they are rediculously awesome wheels). This car will be for the drag strip, wont be drifting, so no need for genuine TE's

Meh 2nd hand sets pop up all the time around 2 in good sizes, or just get something that's not a knock off, cheapens the car something feirce

Edited by (Locky)

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 1m 18d

hi guys im finally going to upgrade my wheels and I have farking no idea about offsets.

car is a fg seden and not lowered.

looking to try and get at least a 275-285 on the rear.

is this possible without any rear gard rolling.

so im looking at running 245/35r-20 fronts and 275/285/35r-20 rear.

not sure but 8.5 front and a 9.5 rear.

liking the vertini magic but I think the sizes are a 9.0 to 10.0 is a 10.0 possible.

any help would be well appreciated.

p.s. going to fit either 6pot xyz or brembo do they clear. live in adelaide and haven't found anyone to give me an answer yet.

cheers brad.:D

Edited by BiZkets