Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

I think it could work with a bit of guard work and some negative camber and a 275 but like I said that's just a guess.

Is there a rep nearby that can let you test fit?

Haha unfortuneatly not, im 5+ hours from any city, downside of living in the country.

Fletty, I don't care. People making excuses cause you have a sedan, I don't care what you have. It'll fit. You want it to fit youll make it fit. You wana know why? BECAUSE RACECAR.

;) haha just kidding.

The biggest I can think of under a sedan would be worms with the 10.5 rears. 275 on an 11 is alootttt of stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. But it has to be done right. There's a point where too much lip pole out from the tyre and looks stupid. In an ideal world of wana have 10.5 and 11 rears, about 10 different offsets and 275,285,295's to see whic combo looks truly flush or the best!

Haha fair call. 11's would defineatly be pushing it, 285's may be a better options, but clearance issues on the inner gaurd may be a problem?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

Yea I've seen worse lol

I had 255/35 on a 10inch and it was stretched just as much if not more than that and it was fine.

Given a 275 is meant to be 20mm wider give or take an an 11inch rim is 25mm wider I can't see there being much of an issue

9.5's with 245 up front and 11's with 275 on the rear. Stretch should match that way

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 30d

Got a question will a 18x10 -1 offset fit on rear of a fg ute?

Think I know what wheels your looking at ;) will be a fat fitment, don't think it'll fit without rolling though. Even then may need a little stretch if lowered more than 2"

That 275 looks pretty good actually, must be a good tyre. Thought it would stretch heaps more than that? I think ill go 275 then, that's the kinda stretch I was after.

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 30d

And I rekon an 11 would fit under an fg sedan, roll and pump. Will poke a little but aww baby would it be tough. +25 should be close.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 27d

Who thinks I can fit 275/35 18 all round on my FG sedan?

Wheels are SSR Type C 18 X 9.5" with +22 0ffset.

Here are some pics with my current tyres, some 2nd hand Michelin slicks. 250 front, 270 rear.

post-16087-0-88435300-1367622412_thumb.j

post-16087-0-12098000-1367622387_thumb.j

post-16087-0-77741900-1367622402_thumb.j

Tyres will be Hankook Z214 Grooved slicks. On their way as we speak from tire rack.

post-16087-0-32850900-1367622375_thumb.j

Rear guards have been rolled and with 1.5 deg of neg camber, rears should just tuck under the guards.

In theory, I am hoping the fronts will be fine.

I have tested a 18 X 9.5 +30 with a 265 on front and it seemed to clear in the carpark, but with 1 deg of neg camber, bot the 3.5deg I run at the circuit.

As stock FRONT offset is +36 with a 245 tyre (on 8" rim), a 275 will only poke out 15mm further in but due to offset (36 vs 22), should be only 1mm difference.

Does this make sense?

Hoping I don't need a 3 or 5mm spacer and longer studs.

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

And I rekon an 11 would fit under an fg sedan, roll and pump. Will poke a little but aww baby would it be tough. +25 should be close.

I would really like to confirm it will fit before purchasing, Gaurds are getting rolled this week, wont be getting pumped unless I absolutely have to, I quite like the stretch look of the 275 on the 11 as it's the look im going for. These dont come out until the end of may so I still have plenty of time to get it sorted and make sure it's what I want. Can anyone help with the fitment on the inner gaurd for the rears?