Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

Hi again I may have decided on a wheel from the interwebs hat has the right pdc but then the website asks for "bore" they choices are 72mm and 76mm. Am I right to assume 76mm is the right choice for an FG?

Cheers and thanks

Geoff

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 2d

Hey Guys, ok, I think I have finally decided on a set of wheels. TSW interlagos for the G6ET. Plenty of performance cred but more classic styling to suit the G6ET. I am hoping that Jimmixr will provide some wisdom with regards to guard clearance as I will be getting the same offsets 20x8.5, ET+20 with 255/30 Invos and 20x10, ET+40 with 285/30 Invos. Will I have to roll guards at both ends? What springs are in each end? Opinions on my selection welcome too. Thanks

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-5-lugs-interlagos-matte-black-std-700.jpg

Edited by fr33r

• Member For: 14y 1m 25d
Hi again I may have decided on a wheel from the interwebs hat has the right pdc but then the website asks for "bore" they choices are 72mm and 76mm. Am I right to assume 76mm is the right choice for an FG?

Cheers and thanks

Geoff

our centre bore is 70.5 I would be getting 72mm not 76 Edited by j.d

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 2d

Hey Guys, ok, I think I have finally decided on a set of wheels. TSW interlagos for the G6ET. Plenty of performance cred but more classic styling to suit the G6ET. I am hoping that Jimmixr will provide some wisdom with regards to guard clearance as I will be getting the same offsets 20x8.5, ET+20 with 255/30 Invos and 20x10, ET+40 with 285/30 Invos. Will I have to roll guards at both ends? What springs are in each end? Opinions on my selection welcome too. Thanks

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-5-lugs-interlagos-matte-black-std-700.jpg

Nice choice of wheel. What colours the G?

I'm running all the same except 245/35 fronts. My rear springs are SSSL kings with rolled guards. I never drove it with out rolling them so I cant really say if they would of touched. But in saying that theres around 10mm clearance. The only place they will touch is where the rear bar meets the rear quarter.. bit of trimming there but nothing major. Up to last week I was running SSSL fronts.. they ended up sagging abit to much for comfort so I swapped my SSL back in. Again no guard rolling needed on the front. Not really recommended for the front as it will distort the guard. But what I did have to do it trim the bar where it meets the guard same as the rear. But in saying that my SSSL springs had settled to 330mm and that's being generous. You'll be running a slightly wider tyre , but I really don't think you'll have any issue.

Hope this clears up any questions

Cheers

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

I'm not sure about the front but I'd imagine a 255/30 +20 would be pretty flush and I wouldn't want to go much lower than ssl because my sssl at the front tucks the tyre.

As for the rear you'll definitely fit that but again I wouldn't go too low. sssl would be pushing it (unless you want to run neg camber). And I would definitely get the rear guards pumped and rolled.