Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 29d

With a Nitro ute I think next color should be a fluro? Maybe fluro green or orange? Haha. Seen where I live in Vic a black VE with fluro orange wheels, at first did not like but now growing on me.

• Member For: 12y 5m 1d

G'day all. I'm a new member - this is my first post, so pls forgive if I ask something dumb.

I had an '08 XR8 in Nitro - Manual. Quad exhaust tips, rear mufflers removed and hotdogs fitted. King SL front, SSL rear. Not nuts - just very neat.

It had PDW Sovereign wheels (silver) - 20x8.5 fronts with 245x35s and 20x10 rears with 275x30s. With help from a small block of wood and some careful levering - no rubbing, ever.

Back in Nov '11 I picked up an '08 FG FPV GT - in black - Auto. Quad black exhaust tips, rear mufflers removed and hotdogs fitted. 1 inch lower f+r.

When I got it home, I put the PDW Sovereigns on. It looked good - but I wanted black. So 2 months ago I bought a set of 20x8.5 + 20x10 Vertini Magic Blackk wheels with 245x35 + 275x30 Nitto Invos. Great tyres - best I've ever driven on (on the street). But they do look a little tall, and the rears look a little narrow - for a 275.

I'm now going to order a set of 20x8.5 and 20x10 Lenso D1R's in hyper silver. I'll use the Invo's

I have no idea what the offsets would've been for the PDW Sovereign's, or the Vertitni's, but apparently the 20x10 D1R's come in 2 different offsets - +32 and +42.

Not sure which to get.

Any ideas please?

Thanks guys

• Member For: 14y 1m 23d

Only 1 thing about offset confuses me... Dish, if u have dish will that alter what offset you should have??

CHLAXN said he has 20x10 + 32

Atm I have 19x9.5 +40

His wheel should stick out a further 14mm then mine but said he has plenty of room to inside lip, I had about 3 or 4mm to my inside lip???

Is it coz my car is so low? Or does dish change what offset you should use ?

Yea His wheels have dish but his might be smaller/bigger then mine.

Or am I tripping balls and it plays no part?

From what I understand, the "dish" of any particular wheel is purely cosmetic, whereas the "offset" is a technical design specification.

The design (dish) of a wheel wouldn't alter its technical (offset) specifications.

The relationship between the outer rim edge, the inner rim edge, and the face plate that bolts to the disc centre (the offset) is independant of the look of the wheel (the dish).

Take three very different looking wheels for eg...

Dark Argent - 20 x 10 - Looks rather flat faced.

Vertini Magic - 20 x 10 - A concave design that looks very dished.

Lenso D1R - 20 x 10 - Five star "folded back spoke" design with a huge smooth dish.

If you ordered a set of each of these wheels in 20 x 10 with a +42 offset, they would all fit (or not fit - clearance dependant) in exactly the same way.

That's the way I undetstand it and I seem to have it clear that way in my head.

:-)

• Member For: 15y 7m 19d

Here mate if you having so many dramas with ute offset here is a starting point. 20x8.5 +35 and 20x10 +32.. Still plenty of room to the inside lip on the rear of my FG. Could go at least +20 with out any modifications with 10" rim.

acb16654.jpg

Damn that looks good!

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 18d

20x10 +42's should work on a sedan, you may need to have your guards rolled though. I have 20x10 +35's and before my guards were rolled they scraped on every bump, all good now though.

Edited by TRA1NR

• Member For: 14y 1m 23d
From what I understand, the "dish" of any particular wheel is purely cosmetic, whereas the "offset" is a technical design specification.

The design (dish) of a wheel wouldn't alter its technical (offset) specifications.

The relationship between the outer rim edge, the inner rim edge, and the face plate that bolts to the disc centre (the offset) is independant of the look of the wheel (the dish).

Take three very different looking wheels for eg...

Dark Argent - 20 x 10 - Looks rather flat faced.

Vertini Magic - 20 x 10 - A concave design that looks very dished.

Lenso D1R - 20 x 10 - Five star "folded back spoke" design with a huge smooth dish.

If you ordered a set of each of these wheels in 20 x 10 with a +42 offset, they would all fit (or not fit - clearance dependant) in exactly the same way.

That's the way I undetstand it and I seem to have it clear that way in my head.

:-)

Thanx, yeah that's what I always thought, just get confused to y my wheels seem to stick further out on my car then people with offsets which are suppose to have more poke, maybe it's just my ride height

That does look damn good.

But what about a sedan?

I reckon I'd need a +42 with a 20 x 10 on the rear

20x10 +40 with 275 rears will b flush with guards (FG sedan)

Tra1nr, those Rockstars look fantastic.

Someone further back on this thread mentioned that black wheels look smaller though. Would you agree?

I have 20 x8.5 and 20 x10 Vertini Magic Blackk on my GT now and they definitely look smaller. But that may also have something to do with the Nitto Invos too. They seem to be higher in the sidewall and narrower in width than other (same size) brands.

The Invo 275x30s I have now look higher and narrower than the 275x30 Federals that I had on a while ago. They almost resemble a 255x40. Maybe it's just me. :-)

Thanks j.d

I'm ordering a set of Lenso D1Rs in hyper silver (20 x 8.5 & 20 x 10) from The Tyre Factory.

I was looking at the US website (Where Lenso is called Raiden) and in 20 x 10 they only come in +32 & +42.

I'm wanting to get 245x30/20 front & 295x25/20 rear at some stage soon. Overall rolling dia is within 2mm or so of FPV standard 654.05mm.

Maybe the apparent narrower construction of the Invos will work in my favour to help those rears fit. The 275s look as though they're too narrow for a 10" wide rim.

My mate reckons I should go 305x25, he has incredible knowledge and a beautiful G6Eturbo, but he's also slightly mentally unbalanced. Sorry MB. :-)) Only joking.

Does anyone have experience fitting 20 x 10 (+42 I think) with 295x25/20s on the rear of an FG sedan that's only lowered 1"?

I was thinking of just going to a 2nd hand tyre dealer to try some different widths.

Any thoughts gents?