SOMEONE JUST STOLE MY CAR!!!!!

The Kerb Warrior

• Member For: 8y 3m 19d
1 hour ago, The Kerb Warrior said:

We'll soon see what they think of the car. No doubt Rob at MT will say it's probably not worth the fix. And no doubt their people will say 'yeah we can fix the car up for a few grand'.... Which is not at all what I want. Refuse to have a cheap ass job done on the car.  Ah well, we'll see how it all pans out.

If you hadn't sent them any pics you could've put a dent in the roof with your arse that would make it a write off. Just saying...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 13d

Just as a quick note for everyone, when they seized the car, they took it, took pictures, and had it at their towing companies yard before I was even told, so they know what the cars like visually.

17 hours ago, Rab said:

Any mods on the car?

Am tipping that to fix it properly it won't be worth the it to the insurance company to pay.

If they can fix it properly then hell yeah - will also give you a decent warranty on the work done.

If not likely - get any mods off the car and scrounge up stock parts to swap with while it's at MT's

Fingers crossed insurance play ball - if they do then you should get back the car in at least as good a nick as it was when the scum took it - plus have the added bonus of being able to complain about stuff that goes wrong later (you don't get that with any other 2nd hand car)

Make sure the mechanic/bodyshop/MT's note that the car is running rough, changing rough etc - probably nothing wrong, but if insurance fix everything then you have a leg to stand on if something dies in the next 12 months - better than any of us have ;)

Yeah but I've already told them about the mods, they are covered on the policy, every last one of that. I wanted it to be a simple situation if I had an issue they'd cover the repairs knowing the car had modifications. I was up front with all of these so that it didn't cause any issues.

I'm hoping so mate, that would be ideal. But we'll soon see I guess.

• Donating Members

Update:

Went and saw the car today to do the 'mark up' for the visual repairs. Currently at the insurance companies preferred mechanical repairer. They are all under the impression it will be a write off. They asked if I had a preference and I told them I'm happy if that's how it goes, because I don't really want the car back after they've thrashed it. Brakes, wheels, tyres, suspension, everything is clapped out apparently. 

• Donating Members
Insured for what I paid for it man. Took a high excess though. Thinking, 'I wont crash, I'm not a douchebag, and I'll just fix it if it's little stuff'.... TUrned out to be a mistake, but how was I to know haha