Peppy can tune?

Peppy_t92

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 1d

Sorry for the delay, I've been absolutely flat out!

Haha thanks camo, very clever campaign

Not at this stage, I'm in control of the sales and support of the Ford side of things, working in conjunction with Vcm Performance here in Australia and nGauge developers in the states

I've been working on quite a few cars as usual, but I have to keep them under wraps for abit longer, I can however share the results of my own car,

Fir anyone that hasn't followed my experiences with my own car, I'm basically trying to get the absolute most of of a gtx3582, and faced a few issues along the way, such as head lifting and high ebp, so I have finally installed a 50mm external gate to the stock exhaust manifold and added a set of experimental cans made by myself and Brad at Atomic, I'm still retaining the vct and tuning with HP Tuners obviously.. the people that say tuning cams on a stock computer is hard, they aren't wrong haha,

I have spent 20+ hours and finally gotten it to a stage where it cruises, idles and transitions throttle properly, boy it's different, it sounds and revs like a euro style motor, it has definitely lost torque down low and it's noticeable, it just means you have to pick gears more carefully, because it made an extra 60kw through the mid and peak power band, with power peaking at 6400rpm and still making 470kw at 7000rpm

I competed in the Snowy Mountains 1000 last weekend, placing 19th out of 140 cars with a top speed of 274kmh also making it the fastest Barra of the day

I'll head out to the drags in the next few weeks hopefully

7db37c43148812191a7498300003e44a.jpg

Ohh and check out these cool gauge holders I had made for the nGauge, obviously specifically for the falcons!!
I'll have some videos up of the gauge in action over the next few days, but it's a great bit of kit!
6695e274be429af0c1906cec29ccc136.jpg

938b48d3389b054524ef801475400232.jpg

17ae6a9302578981b9273fa41bef2b68.jpg

Www.nGaugeAU.com
Facebook @nGaugeAU

• Like 4

Thanks mate, it's different, you really have to be up around 3500-4000rpm for it to spring to life, so in 4th gear, road speed is up around 150kmh

0c4d6e17f6e9ab3a1c49536e952c0b9a.jpg

This is compared to a 6466 car I did on the same day, so you can see the loss down low, but it makes up for it up top, which suits the ZF and gearing quite well I think

c4bba5f58e7c922d19a972c71f4e4d94.jpg

In saying that, I did roll onto the throttle on min a little slow, so it can be abit deceiving

Yea Eff, they are in the 240's, let's just say I have had to install a vacuum pump as my brakes were staying hard unless de-accelerating
And yep it's an off the shelf gtx3582 with a bronze bearing carrier, the mosr I could push before was 22-23psi max at around 50% DC before it was blowing spark out, so I would highly recommend an external wastegate 50mm minimum if you want to push a smaller turbo hard, it just helps to release all the exhaust back pressure

Hey Qik6, my BF is Vixen (red) I only done 2 runs as it was a long day driving from Sydney to Cooma and back on the same day.. my best time was 23.4 seconds, horrible lol, I was still battling some flat spots on light throttle, so transitioning off the line was quite hard, and it took me 4 seconds to actually start moving once I broke the beam

https://vimeo.com/194711799

https://vimeo.com/194712571
Ordinary video but you get the point

• Like 3